UBot Underground

Help ... since last update inoperably slow ... only me?

We were hearing some reports of slowness in compiling and logging in, and we have made some improvements to help with that.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling UBot Studio.

Are you still experiencing slowness? If so, please open a ticket at support.ubotstudio.com and we'll walk through the issue with you.

I have been experiencing it being very slow when changing tabs, I click a project tab and it can take 3+ minutes for the tab to finally open and if I click anything during this period the software will crash.

I wonder if the browser log error is still happening check your browser log here:

C:\Users\ENTER YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio

And make sure its not huge, if it is then delete the contents of it and set it to read only.

• Like 1

I wonder if the browser log error is still happening check your browser log here:

C:\Users\ENTER YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio

And make sure its not huge, if it is then delete the contents of it and set it to read only.

I tried this, didn't seem to make any difference in speed.

LOGs deleted --> no help

Reinstalled --> no help

Confirm: Changing Tabs takes forever - there is a relation to length of script in tab

APP-FullWindow Button (between MINIMIZE and CLOSE WINDOW in the upper right doesn't word --> always maxed)

again: last Version was fine ... came with 5.0.6

Me too. here's my experience:

All of my bots run at normal speed in version 4 but they run extremely slow in version 5.06.

Some of these bots have been working well for weeks and bots that were compiled before this problem came up are still working fine until I try to run them within Ubot Studio or try to make any changes at all.

There is no difference at all whether I compile my bots or run them within Ubot Studio.

Small bots of only a few lines of code run only 3 to 5 times slower than in version 4, but large bots of several hundred lines of code grind almost completely to a halt and are completely unusable.

The editor itself is also running slow. On any large bot of over a hundred lines of code it takes up to 20 minutes to change from code view back to node view.

I sometimes have to wait from 1 to 5 minutes for the little "wait" circle to stop spinning after I click something. The best example of this is when I use the "Click" command and click on the "gear" to revise my chosen selector. The advanced editor window pops up quickly, but when I click on anything in the window the little "wait" circle starts spinning and I simply have to go do something else for about 5 minutes and come back to finish my revision.

The bot I am currently working on uses threads in a way that prevents me from using version 4 and I am desperate. I can't continue working until I get this resolved.

Me too. here's my experience:

All of my bots run at normal speed in version 4 but they run extremely slow in version 5.06.

Some of these bots have been working well for weeks and bots that were compiled before this problem came up are still working fine until I try to run them within Ubot Studio or try to make any changes at all.

There is no difference at all whether I compile my bots or run them within Ubot Studio.

Small bots of only a few lines of code run only 3 to 5 times slower than in version 4, but large bots of several hundred lines of code grind almost completely to a halt and are completely unusable.

The editor itself is also running slow. On any large bot of over a hundred lines of code it takes up to 20 minutes to change from code view back to node view.

I sometimes have to wait from 1 to 5 minutes for the little "wait" circle to stop spinning after I click something. The best example of this is when I use the "Click" command and click on the "gear" to revise my chosen selector. The advanced editor window pops up quickly, but when I click on anything in the window the little "wait" circle starts spinning and I simply have to go do something else for about 5 minutes and come back to finish my revision.

The bot I am currently working on uses threads in a way that prevents me from using version 4 and I am desperate. I can't continue working until I get this resolved.

Good info, thanks, but what do you mean v5 uses threads in a way that prevent you from using version 4? What's new in v5 regarding threads?

For everyone,

Please go to your tools menu, select Options and set the Logging level to Off.

Please set the logging Level to off. Restart UBot Studio if needed.

Is the slowness still occurring?

If anyone is still experiencing slowness after following the directions above, please open a ticket at support.ubotstudio.com and we'll move on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I can't use the advanced element selector editor at all in either version 4 or 5 whether I have error logging turned off or not.

For a month or so It was hanging for 3 minutes then coming back to life and I could use it as long as I didn't mind taking all day to do an hour's work. Now it hangs permenantly in both version and I am reduced to not using Ubot Studio at all since I need the advanced editor all the time.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't use Ubot Studio without the advanced editor so I've spent the last month learning and using Ruby.

I love Ruby but still would prefer to use Ubot Studio most of the time. If you need a bot that will run for days on end without crashing, Ruby is what you need, but most of my bots just do a job then quit and they are much easier to code and compile in Ubod Studio.

Now I can't use the advanced element selector editor at all in either version 4 or 5 whether I have error logging turned off or not.

For a month or so It was hanging for 3 minutes then coming back to life and I could use it as long as I didn't mind taking all day to do an hour's work. Now it hangs permenantly in both version and I am reduced to not using Ubot Studio at all since I need the advanced editor all the time.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't use Ubot Studio without the advanced editor so I've spent the last month learning and using Ruby.

I love Ruby but still would prefer to use Ubot Studio most of the time. If you need a bot that will run for days on end without crashing, Ruby is what you need, but most of my bots just do a job then quit and they are much easier to code and compile in Ubod Studio.

Please report your issue to support, and we'll help you there.

To Everyone still encountering issues, errors, slowness or any other issues:

Support is there to investigate issues, document them and then make sure they are properly fixed. 

If you do not believe that the issue is related to logging, the best thing to do is to go to support and report it.

There, we walk through the issue with you and figure out what is going on.

A lot of the slowness people have reported have been related to the logging issues and the issue has been investigated and fixed awaiting an update.

If you believe the cause is anything else but logging, please come to support and report it so that we can understand what is going on and fix it. 

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issues

UBoT 5 Runs insanely slow on my Windows 7 Desktop

Turned of logging and it still runs slow

It's pretty upsetting because I paid the money for the upgrade to 5 on the prommise of more speed

I'm going to put a ticket in

however I want to record my results here so it's public

B

I'm having the same issues

UBoT 5 Runs insanely slow on my Windows 7 Desktop

Turned of logging and it still runs slow

It's pretty upsetting because I paid the money for the upgrade to 5 on the prommise of more speed

I'm going to put a ticket in

however I want to record my results here so it's public

B

Hmm that's strange. In one of the last updates they fixed the issue with the log file. I think it was 5.0.7. Since then it's working fine for me.

V5 has some other bugs that prevent me from using it at the moment. But seep was ok during my last tests.

Have you updated to 5.0.9?

Dan