UBot Underground

UBot Studio and the Mobile Market

Kev got the ball rolling here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15245-run-your-software-on-an-iphone-step-by-step-tutorial/?hl=mobile

Who else is working on mobile projects and UBot? 

- 56% of American adults have a smartphone

- 21% of all adult cell owners now do most of their online browsing using their mobile phone

What are you doing to take advantage of this? 

Jason,

I see that you are an Administrator for UBot, may I also ask what is UBot Studio developing to take advantage of this or assist us?

Does UBot have any enhancements in planning stages for mobile?

Regards,

Wiliam

I tried calling you this evening Jason but missed you.

Here's something I have been using ubot with that "runs" from my iPhone.

Scenario: I need to ring people from the USA regularly and also the uk and Australia.

However, I am not always at my pc and dialling from my iPhone internationally (I'm in Europe) would cost me a lot.

So, I integrate jotform and twilio in order to dial people I need to speak with on demand.

How it works:

I have a jotform with numbers in the drop down menu. I select the person I want to dial. I then submit.

On the server ubot is running 24/7 and picks up the data from the database that jotform submitted to. It then uploads a php file via FTP and that file contains the number I want to call (which came from the jotform).

The local number I dial from my iPhone is from twilio. The number is set inside twilio (only done the one time) via a URL which is the URL I uploaded via FTP. It reads the URL and sees the number I want to dial.

So I get to call a local number in my country (which on my call plan is free for local numbers) and that number is forwarded to the number I want to reach out to. I pay low cost twilio rates.

For example a call to the USA from my iPhone would cost me 0.74c per min. With this set up 0.03c per minute.

If I wanted to call someone who wasn't in my list, I can add them too and by default they get added to the webform when I reload it.

This can be run from anywhere as I have Internet on my phone. My idea would be to sell the service to a haulauge company who needs to call internationally.

HTH.