UBot Underground

Is it just me or is UBOT 5.0.2 just very unstable

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for some of the fixes in version 5.0.2 and today I have updated to the new version, however this version crashes on my system every few minutes or so...

Before I report this as a problem I want to find out if it’s me, my system or the latest update.

The thing is that I cannot pinpoint any individual problem, the software crashes at times when I attempt to run a bot (a simple scrape bot which will run in version 4 ) but it has also crashed when I opened the debugger screen to look at variables and don’t even mention the new Regex editor.

For instance the program will run a bot and crash after completing the bot and saving the data to disk,  just close down and not return back to the ubot editor – very strange...

Ooh and by the way the data saved is correct from the page scrape, run this same program in version 4 with no problems and the Ubot editor returns.

The same type of thing when attempting to open the debugger to view the variables, Ubot studio will just shut down.

This does not happen on every occasion but at the moment I’m back in windows with the program shutting down more than I’m writing code, and it’s very annoying.

Version 5.0.1 would run without these crashes and I’m now unsure if this is a problem with a bad update on my version (when downloading the update to my PC) or just a bad update from UBOT studio for version 5.0.2.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with my PC as I program in other languages without these problems and did not encounter these particular problems in version 4 and 5.0.0 & 5.0.1

If I could get some feedback from you guys I would be grateful, and if it’s a bad update on my side how do I attempt to update again...

Kind regards

Arthur

• Like 1

Use Ubot 4 till 5 gets fixed ... No point to use a unstable software, you will lost more time figuring out whats happening than making usable code.

For me Ubot4 is at this point quite stable(not 100%), so I dont get the point of using(upgrading) to Ubot5 just to get all this errors, my bot programming if not for fun, is for making money ... and time is money, so you get the ecuation.

Greetz!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have been waiting for some of the fixes in version 5.0.2 and today I have updated to the new version, however this version crashes on my system every few minutes or so...

Before I report this as a problem I want to find out if it’s me, my system or the latest update.

The thing is that I cannot pinpoint any individual problem, the software crashes at times when I attempt to run a bot (a simple scrape bot which will run in version 4 ) but it has also crashed when I opened the debugger screen to look at variables and don’t even mention the new Regex editor.

For instance the program will run a bot and crash after completing the bot and saving the data to disk,  just close down and not return back to the ubot editor – very strange...

Ooh and by the way the data saved is correct from the page scrape, run this same program in version 4 with no problems and the Ubot editor returns.

The same type of thing when attempting to open the debugger to view the variables, Ubot studio will just shut down.

This does not happen on every occasion but at the moment I’m back in windows with the program shutting down more than I’m writing code, and it’s very annoying.

Version 5.0.1 would run without these crashes and I’m now unsure if this is a problem with a bad update on my version (when downloading the update to my PC) or just a bad update from UBOT studio for version 5.0.2.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with my PC as I program in other languages without these problems and did not encounter these particular problems in version 4 and 5.0.0 & 5.0.1

If I could get some feedback from you guys I would be grateful, and if it’s a bad update on my side how do I attempt to update again...

Kind regards

Arthur

Not seeing any of the behaviors you mentioned in the new update, but It might be best to take a look at the scraping bot you mentioned in support.

Can you open a ticket so that we can get a better idea what is going on with your system and the new update?

You can open a ticket at support.ubotstudio.com

See you there.

• Like 1

It is very frustrating just stepping through some code and having a "Type Text" crash ubot, while I'm setting up a Wordpress site. I've submitted several tickets for various issues, yet to much time is lost with things like this to continue working AND submit tickets. I'm not taking 5.0.2 until I get a better understanding of it stability. Maybe going back to 4.0 until 5 is ready is best.

As seen here...http://screencast.com/t/3Z258HXe4N0e

UBot_guy - sorry for any time you've lost.

Everyone, while it may take a little more time, submitting a complete bug report with steps to reproduce the issue is often the way to determine if there is an issue and to get the problem solved. Remember - we've got a fully public bug tracker at tracker.ubotstudio.com, so you can see exactly what we can see. While the majority of our many customers haven't had any problems, if you do experience an issue it is extremely useful if you help help us by letting us know! 

Thanks!

I needed the latest update that came out today because i need to use the DB SQL function, however since updating I'm unable to open the ubot5 app, launches but doesn't open

Hey Jason,

What is the basis for this "the majority of our many customers haven't had any problems", seems really odd to me since ubot has been crashing so many times, that I don't even send you crash reports, forget about bug reports. I'm here because it just crashed again.

I'm sure Ubot likes when users to send in bug reports, but when it seems like I'm a part of your QA team (been in QA, so I know the feeling) you're making it hard to use the product and sell our work. Many people in the IM community (I.E. BHW) have the perception that ubot is not a stable product, and that has more to do with marketing than the number of bug reports issued. Take a fresh look at the feedback from the hard core users, from your analytics, engage them in a way that promotes your product and stop letting the users take the fall.

If you or Seth would like to talk offline, email me.

Very Respectfully,

Steve

If anyone else is having any issues shown here, the best place to go to if you have not isolated your issue is support.ubotstudio.com.

If you have isolated your issue and you can reproduce it, please create an issue on the tracker.