UBot Underground

UBot 5 - Fix for crash opening UBot4 scripts and slowness

Hi Guys,

Been scratching my head about this one since the release of UBot 5. Been suffering from slowness in general and crashing when opening UBot4 Scripts. Here is the fix (or at lease worked for me. It's now nice and quick): -

1) Uninistall UBot 4

2) Uninstall UBot 5

3) Rename 'Ubot Studio' folder ro 'UBot Studio.old' in the %APDATA% folder

3) Uninstall .NET framework

4) I ran ccleaner at this point and rebooted.

5) Reinstall .NET 4.5

6) Install UBot 5 and re-enter license info

UBot 5 is now nice and quick and not crashing when opening UBot 4 scripts.

*** I can't seem to get the UI Buttons to run any command though. Anybody any ideas?

Are you sure it isn't just the plugins that are causing the crashing? It seems that your workaround is working because by renaming the UBot Studio folder the new install doesn't include the old plugins. I have not had a problem since I disabled the old plugins. Just a thought.

Hi Gogette, I didn't have any 3rd part plugins so I don't think that was the cause (for me anyway). Some of the steps I performed may have been overkill and maybe just renaming or deleting the 'UBot Studio' folder within %APPDATA% may have done the trick but I wanted to start from a completely fresh install.

I did pretty much everything in your list except I didn't uninstall 4.0 (shouldn't be necessary). U.I Editor and Web Inspector still freeze and crashes Ubot - also did windows updates after re-installing 3.5 4.5 framework, no dice either. I did notice that the load time for downloaded pages seemed much faster, but freezing and crashing issues were unresolved.

Still can't open old bots.No choice but to wait or update them (if needed) with the good 'ol UB4

Damn i wanted to add/use the new stuff in UB5 for my old crap.

Hope it will get sorted

Is the error everyone else is getting something related to "Boost"? All I get when I compile an opld bot from v4 code is some crash with an error about C:\boost\boost/boost    I dont know what this is, if its a plugin, or part of ubot 5, but I dont have a directory C:\boost at all... anyone know what this is?

Is the error everyone else is getting something related to "Boost"? All I get when I compile an opld bot from v4 code is some crash with an error about C:\boost\boost/boost    I dont know what this is, if its a plugin, or part of ubot 5, but I dont have a directory C:\boost at all... anyone know what this is?

I am also getting a boost error!

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: C:\boost\boost\boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp
Line: 653

Expression: px != 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore  

I am also getting a boost error!

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: C:\boost\boost\boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp
Line: 653

Expression: px != 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore  

I am also getting this when trying to run threads.

The slowness error being mentioned has been added to the tracker here: http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/issues/32

I have seen some strange entries in my logfiles:

The slowness is related to the following browser_log.txt entries:

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Finished processing

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1059, 41, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1059, 42, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1058, 42, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1058, 43, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1058, 44, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1058, 45, 

2013-10-15 09:38:02 (5200): Processing Command: mouse_move With Params: 0, 1057, 46,

Everytime Ubot 5 is freezing / slow for me, there are hundreds of those entries generate in my browser_log.txt file.

And that's happening WITHOUT a bot running or something else. No bot code at all. Just navigating in the browser window is enough to generate those freezes.

Already updated the tracker with those informations. Just thought to mention it here as well, so that other people can check their browser_log.txt as well.

It's located in:

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio

Cheers

Dan

John D figured out that if your write protect the log file, the freezing error will go away. 

I just tried that and it works. He mentioned, that the recorder doesn't work correctly then. Not sure about that. 

I don't know how it's supposed to work, so I can't check that.

Would be great if the developers could take a look.

Thanks

Dan

• 6 months later...

Being new to UBOT Studio I only have UBOT 5 installed.

I bought the YP Scraper from Nick (HelloInsomnia).

When I try to open the source file I get the error everyone was talking about back in October of 2013 shown below:

(Assertion failed! Program:... File C:\boost\boost\boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp Line 653 Expression:px!=0)

Did anyone figure out a fix for this?

Andy

Being new to UBOT Studio I only have UBOT 5 installed.

I bought the YP Scraper from Nick (HelloInsomnia).

When I try to open the source file I get the error everyone was talking about back in October of 2013 shown below:

(Assertion failed! Program:... File C:\boost\boost\boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp Line 653 Expression:px!=0)

Did anyone figure out a fix for this?

Andy

Hi Andy,

If the script uses plugins, please make sure the plugins are installed and enabled.

If you are still running into the error, please let us know at support.ubotstudio.com and we can help you there.

Hi Andy,

If the script uses plugins, please make sure the plugins are installed and enabled.

If you are still running into the error, please let us know at support.ubotstudio.com and we can help you there.

Thanks Miriam. I did install the required plugin for the YP Scraper and still got the error. I was thinking since the error has been seen before maybe someone or the developer could offer a fix.