UBot Underground

Hiding/obsfuscating plugin/browser information.

A site I am automating is using various information given by the browser to profile users on a meta level. This information includes browser version, plugin versions, browser timezone, as well as screen resolution, browser size, and content area size. They are using this and other bits of information to profile users at a level above accounts.

Is there any way to deny them this information? short of using IE 6 and another scripting language(which I hear works).

At this point I am just trying to spoof as many pieces of the puzzel as I can, Having each ubot window a different size, cycling user agents, changing system timezone a few times an hour, occasionally uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins they seem to be looking for(Adobe, Flash, Silverlight, VLC, Java, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, Silverlight).

Edited by robchroma

disable java script and flash from loading will render the information blank to them as it disables how they are retrieving it.

So flash was the key blah.  I had javascript disabled already.  I did not realize flash gave them another window.

Are there any disadvantages if javascript is disabled? e.g don't some sites like youtube - need javascript to be enabled to perform actions like - likes, subscribes etc?

Thanks.