UBot Underground

I have used odesk as a means of finding workers with a pretty good amount of success.  Just recently tried out the other side of things by doing a job and made the mistake of not getting a milestone before delivering the a completed job.  Another lesson learned.

How many of you use sites like odesk, freelancer, and elance? How has it worked out for you?  Any tips on how you use these sites to avoid any unpleasantness?

I'm using all 3 of them.

Simple suggestion - ask 50% upfront payment BEFORE starting the job, ask to put second 50% payment as milestone, ask for release funds after delivery and testing. 

• Like 1

I have used odesk as a means of finding workers with a pretty good amount of success.  Just recently tried out the other side of things by doing a job and made the mistake of not getting a milestone before delivering the a completed job.  Another lesson learned.

How many of you use sites like odesk, freelancer, and elance? How has it worked out for you?  Any tips on how you use these sites to avoid any unpleasantness?

What exactly happened? You delivered the final product and the person just refused to pay?

Delivered what they wanted, but they complained because after abusing the software they basically got flagged so they asked me to code something totally different for an extra $50, so I am like sure, but could I please have my milestone payment for the work so far and they refused to pay.  I just cancelled the job, not going to waste my time on people like that.