UBot Underground

Windows Automation, mouse clicks, X Y coordinates etc...

Howdy botters. I'm starting to toy with the Windows commands tonight. My plan is to automate several things I would normally do in windows, but this needs to run on other people's computers too. I was surprised to see the windows commands are based on X,Y coordinates. Won't those be all wrong on other people's computers? Differing resolutions, screen sizes, layouts etc? Or do I just not understand how it works?

One of my first projects in it will be automating the launching of a windows program, performing some tasks in that program, saving the results, and exiting the program. But it's got to work on other people's computers or it's pointless.

Ugh. So the x, y coordinates will be all wrong on systems with other settings? I'd like a solution that doesn't require the end user to fix the windows automation, but could you point me to a link about your x y coordinate finder plugin so I can take a look? Thanks.