UBot Underground

Protecting sensitive information

Hey Guys. I'm going to be releasing my first bot in a few days and I'm looking into different encryption software. I'm not that concerned with someone stealing my code (I'm a newbie and my bots are fairly simple.) but some of my bots work off private proxies and account lists. What is the best way to go about protecting such information? 

This system is awesome, friendly and the customer support is the best .  Read its reviews.

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12958-sell-ubotlocker-web-web-based-licensing-solution-that-prevents-decompiling-and-cracking/

Edit: And the price is a steal (an incredible system and a wonderful price).  I'm just a happy customer, see ya :D !!!!

Edited by luis carlos

I am going to to be ordering Ubot Locker but I posted a while back about protecting such things as lists and this is the response I got-

Hey Jack,

For keeping sensitive information like private proxies and account information, I recommend you host them server-side and have them encrypted. Then, upon startup your bot should read the encrypted file from your server, decrypt it, and use it within the bot. That way you keep your list secure, and since it's on your server you can always update it if you change private proxy providers  :) I will send you my Paypal info now.

Cheers,

-meter

So, is my only option to buy encryption software as well? Is there a better way to protect information like account info or private proxies? I guess I could set it up so the bot logs into a private website and scrapes the information to a list but that seems like an undertaking. Any ideas?

Hi Jack,

In the following zip file you will find 3 files:

http://termgrabber.com/host/TextEncryption.zip

The first file is a text encryption plugin I quickly put together for you. I'm in the process of getting a plugin key for it, but in the meantime you can use it.

This plugin introduces 2 commands to ubot:

$TextEncryption_EncryptText

$TextEncryption_DecryptText

Both functions take 2 parameters. The first parameter is a secret key. The second parameter is text to be encrypted/decrypted. The functions return the encrypted/decrypted text.

Using this plugin you can encrypt your account info/proxy lists on your server, and then download and decrypt them in your bot, just like I described in my previous post to you. I've also included 2 sample Ubot scripts showing how to do this.

Of course, you need to keep your Ubot code secure, so that no one can decompile your bots and steal your decrypt keys, and then use them to decrypt your account info/proxy lists. UbotLocker can do this ;)

I'll make a new thread in the BUY/SELL section after the plugin gets approved.

-meter

NEVER store YOUR information in the bots you distribute - never. As for proxies, if you supply proxies I would instead suggest that you download the list of proxies on the fly from your own server. Proxies come and go too, so this approach is probably the best anyway.

Hmmm... If this is your first bot I would guess (!) that it might not be the best that the world has seen sofar (no offense, I am just thinking of my own first bots), so protecting it might be overkill at this stage. Why not set a splash page to your own site with a signup form to get free updates instead. That way you could sell your bots and also get some signups that you can sell your next bots to instead!?

Thank you Meter. You've been very helpful and it means a lot to me. I'm going to mess around with it and read the how to once more. I'll be ordering Ubot Locker on the next unemployment check.... Living the dream over here.

Anonym, you are correct. This bot is very simple but it uses a list of accounts. I plan on making lots of bots and am improving my skill set everyday. I know in the future I will need security and encryption for the bots I'm making so I'm learning as much as I can. I plan on releasing a few free bots but as you know, I am beyond broke and even if I only make a little bit of money it will really help me out a lot. I seriously counted dimes today to get a bagel and coffee. It's do or die. :-/