UBot Underground

Sharing Private Bot Bank?

Anyone have any experience with or attempted to share code snippets in their Private Bot Bank with other UBot developers collaborating on the same projects?

Specifically, when I create private bot bank commands, they are stored in an XML file on my machine.  In addition, as I add commands, they are numbered sequentially in the private bot bank, i.e. "private bot bank command(9)", which are numeric identifiers unique to my machine.

How do I share my private bot bank commands with another developer working on my projects?

I could give them my BotBank.xml file, which is fine if they have never used private bot bank on their own, but would overwrite their private commands if they have any.

Does anyone know if I can manually edit BotBank.xml and change the numbers of my bot bank commands? I.e., can I change my private bot bank commands numbered 1, 2, 3,.... to 1001, 1002, 1003, ... In that manner, I could establish a numeric range of private bot bank commands unique to my company, then have an independent 3rd party developer edit his BotBank.xml file to copy and paste my commands into his, and then we would not be overwriting each others commands?

If I do edit my BotBank.xml and change the numbers of commands, when I go to add a new private bot bank script, will it continue the sequence (1004, 1005, etc), or will it put the new command back at "1"?

Has anyone tried that?  Or have any experience trying to share their private bot bank as more of a re-usable code library among multiple UBot projects with multiple UBot developers?

Thanks!

You should be able to achieve that by copying each command induvidually from XML, using text editor or similar. After you paste the command to a new bot bank, you should only make sure that is it has uniqe ID - each number is used once. Give it a try and you'll soon find out. :)

• 2 weeks later...