UBot Underground

Are there ANY guidelines for idiots like me?

Hello. I purchased Ubot about 2 weeks ago and I was under the impression I would be able to learn it easily even though I have no experience in programming. And when I say no experience I mean I can barley figure out HTML. I have watched days of tutorials and while they are helpful, if I don't understand the basic language it is VERY frustrating when I'm trying to create my own bots. I get hung up on very simple things and it is driving me completely freaking insane. I thought I would be further along by now and would have a means to start making money. If I can't figure this out in the next few days, I have to return Ubot and I don't want to do that. 

I need guidelines that are meant for a dumb baby. I know there are others out there that are just as frustrated. I have almost no money but if I need to pay for a teacher let's work something out. I recently bought the UI Drag & Drop Builder thinking it would help and dispute working on it for 2 days, I STILL can't get a button to run a FREAKING COMMAND! While the answers people have given are very helpful I need a guideline for a complete nob or find someone that's able to teach me. 

All I have been trying to do for the past 2 days is have a button in an html user interface that will run the script. I've gotten some answers but not one a dumb-ass like me can understand. I keep getting "Key was not present" Or it just does nothing. I'm loading the HTML from UI Drag & Drop so this should be simple, right? Well it's not for me!

I also can't figure out how to have a stat monitor showing how many times the bot has visited the page. However, I would be ecstatic to have someone explain, step by step, how the HTML user interface works and how to have the html buttons work. Yes, I'm an idiot. 

UBot is something that is meant to be learnt just like any other language. It is however a very simple 1 but giving it 2 weeks and then giving up and thinking of returning it is not going to work out well...

Do you have the dev edition? Your profile says standard...

Here is a simple loop with a html button and a loop counter so you can see how it works. You have to put your code you want to run inside a define then assign your define in the D and D UI Builder.

loop counter.ubot

I noticed that the code for the button you posted regarding this in another thread had several back-slashes where there should'nt be any, the builder DOES NOT put those back-slashes in the code.

The code below is for a button straight from the d&d ui builder and made to match the code for the button you posted in the other thread.

<button style="height: 90px; width: 160px; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; font-size: 23px; 
color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: 
initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(196, 0, 0); background-position: initial 
initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " onmouseover="this.style.background='#FFFFFF'" 
onmouseout="this.style.background='#C40000'" onclick="ubot.runScript('masterblaster()')">Start 
Blasting</button>

Take note of the last line, you have to create a "define command" and name it "masterblaster". When the button is clicked any commands you have inside of that define command will run.

Download this example: example.ubot

There is a define command named "masterblaster" with a "navigate" command inside of it. So when you click the button the browser will navigate to given url.

Have you been pasting the code from the d&d builder into a ui html panel or directly into "code view"?

The code you supplied on your first thread was taken from the code view, thats why it had all those back-slashes

Just noticed Chris's question "Do you have the dev edition? Your profile says standard..."

If you have the standard version and are pasting the code into code view' then that is not going to work.

First off, I am sorry for my emotional outburst. This is just a very tough time for me and I don't mean to be bitching on this form. The support I've gotten here has been amazing and it really means a lot to me. Each of you has a friend in me and I hope I can repay your kindness in some way. 

I bought standard first but then upgraded to developer. Chris, thank you so much! I am downloading and trying it now. 

Have you been pasting the code from the d&d builder into a ui html panel or directly into "code view"?

The code you supplied on your first thread was taken from the code view, thats why it had all those back-slashes

Just a comment / clarification on darryl's note here.  This pertains to the ui html panel and ui html window commands as well as the browser command, load html.

I like to use notepad ++ (free text editor) to edit my html code. 

You can cut and paste back and forth from a text editor and the Node View html objects in UBot without issue.  No extra \'s are inserted.

However -- If you copy out of Node View to your text editor, make some changes and paste it back, make sure you paste it back in Node View.  Pasting it in Code View will break your bot.

On the other side of the coin, pulling html out of Code View editing it and pasting into Node View will introduce additional \'s in your html which will mess it up as well because off of your "s will be \"s. 

So, if you want to edit your html in an external editor and then paste it back into Ubot.

1.  Always cut and paste from Node View.

2.  Also, and less obvious... If you referenced any #variables or %lists in your html...

(ex. We found {#recordcount} records...)

You can copy them out of Node View but what shows up in your editor is a broken reference to that object.  That's ok. 

Just know than when you paste your edited code back in, you will want to do it in chunks 'around' those objects.

(ex. paste We found -- paste records...)  Otherwise, you will need to recreate the object references in the UI.

• Like 1

I really need to learn as much as quickly as possible. Learning Ubot is a 9am to.... midnight? job for me right now. I'm very, very broke but I see the amazing value of having and learning Ubot. I love it so far and find it all very interested but I just wish it would click better with me. A lot is lost on me because I'm not a programmer but I hope my hard-work and creativity make up for it. Is there anywhere online where I can just read a bunch of code? Or are there any learning sources I might not know about yet?

Thank you all. If there is anything I can ever do for you please let me know. 

Like any other language UBot takes a while to master, it also lacks any meaningful documentation so you are pretty much left to figure things out on you own unless a kind member of the forums here gives you a hand... support is not to be found elsewhere...

I really need to learn as much as quickly as possible. Learning Ubot is a 9am to.... midnight? job for me right now. I'm very, very broke but I see the amazing value of having and learning Ubot. I love it so far and find it all very interested but I just wish it would click better with me. A lot is lost on me because I'm not a programmer but I hope my hard-work and creativity make up for it. Is there anywhere online where I can just read a bunch of code? Or are there any learning sources I might not know about yet?

Thank you all. If there is anything I can ever do for you please let me know. 

We are always at support.ubotstudio.com to help you if you find yourself lost. I'm not quite clear on what you are trying to do, but we'll always do our best at support to help point you in the right direction.

There are also resources at ubotstudio.com/resources with videos, sample scripts, and written examples, as well as our wiki at http://wiki.ubotstudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

We look forward to seeing you there.

Lilly, Ubot and the community around is is really amazing. I just started a new training course with UbotTraining.com and I know once I'm done I'll have a good handle on Ubot.

Thank you for dealing with my difficulties. It really means a lot to me.