UBot Underground

Window Task Scheduler issue

For quite some time I have been having issues with my bots and Windows Task Schedler.

Here's the problem.

I can take any of my executable bots and start them manual (with the /auto switch) and they will start and end normally.  PERFECT!

However, when Windows Task Scheduler does the starting that is about it.  Sometime the bot will execute normally and then exit the system but most of the time I will see the Bot drop off of the Taskbar BUT there will be a remnant of the bot still in Task Manager and it will still have a hold on some memory.

I thought that maybe it was not getting enough CPU time to terminate but I have actually let them stay in the system for days (in fact 14 days) but the number of remnants just increase.  That's not good.  No matter what settings I set it for with Task Scheduler the effects are still the same.  I have even deleted the schedule and created a new instance only to see the problem continue.

This has been frustrating.

So I hit Google searching for a solution.  I found it.

http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php  (not an affiliate link)

This program monitors these tasks as well as performs other functions.  But for me.  It TOTALLY fixes my problem.  Now when one of my scheduled bots starts those remnants do not appear at all.

So hopefully if you are having a similar issue like I was then this could be a solution.

Buddy

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...