UBot Underground

Food for thought about products that matter

"Some of my most beloved products are those that make ME amazing at something that matters to me, even if I am kicking and screaming and swearing at the product while using it. Of course if I am kicking and screaming and swearing, I’m obviously having a compromised experience… One that might prevent me from producing something wonderful. But I’ll still take a poor UX that makes me truly better at something I care about, than the beautiful, artful, exquisite “Who Cares” product."

http://37signals.com...?6#all_comments

• Like 1

This is true... most of the bots I build are ugly little things that just do stuff for ME! One example is I have several bots that visits certain groups of sites I visit every day (social networking, blogs, banks, etc.) where they are basically just dropdowns of the sites to be opened/closed in new browsers (and various versions, admin, passwords, etc.) and sometimes they have buttons that perform daily functions with a single click. Nothing I would sell and nothing anyone else would want (unless it was created for them) but they are great time savers and although they may not be big beautiful bots, they are among my favorites!