UBot Underground

Where did Scrape Attribute go?

I've been away from UBot for some time, but tonight something came past me that just begs for a UBot to be whipped up. So, I start whipping... and things have changed a lot!

For starters, I can't for the life of me find the Scrape Attribute function. Where did it go? Am I just blind and it's staring me in the face?? I've gone through every single Parameter list item and, I swear it's not in there.

Hoping someone can point it out to me... thanks!

EDIT:

Oh good grief... it WAS staring me right in the face. Sigh... I blame the time change. It's under "Browser Functions" in case anyone else ever runs into the same problem.

OK well as long as we're on the subject of missing features... where's Scrape Table??

I'm trying to do exactly what is in this tutorial:

But clearly it's for an older version of UBot. I have no "Scrape" functions of any kind in the Commands section.

Did Scrape Table get hidden somewhere?

If you have upgraded to v4 scrape table is a pro feature.

It appears that you only have the standard version and that might be why your not seeing it...

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!? When I "upgraded" I *lost* the ability to scrape a table?!??!

OMFG. Makes me wonder what on earth I've been paying $5/month for all this time. Not that it's a lot of money, it's the principle. Wow.

OK so... if this is a "pro" feature (and really, how is scraping a table not an absolute totally basic feature??) and I don't have it, how would I go about scraping results out of a table so that I can loop through them for manipulation?

Thanks!

I feel obligated to add, that nowhere (that I can see anyway) is scraping of tables indicated as not a standard feature. From the UBot website:

Advanced Content Scraping UBot Studio 4 takes content scraping to a whole different level and it is easier than ever before. Scrape complete tables, images or virtually anything from a site with matter of a few clicks.

Nothing about it being "pro" only, and no other mention on any of the comparison tables about it not being available as standard. If this is indeed not available in the basic version, it REALLY needs to be explicitly stated somewhere. This is such a basic fundamental feature, frankly I can't see UBot even being terribly useful without it (unless there's some elegant workaround but even then... workarounds are usually fairly clunky).

Oh good grief... it WAS staring me right in the face. Sigh... I blame the time change. It's under "Browser Functions" in case anyone else ever runs into the same problem.

Its always the last place you look! :rolleyes:

this pro issue seems to come up a lot since Seth has decided to steal from us code functions and make us pay over again when we had the features already .

Its a quick money cash grab and its sickening how hes doing this, just like threads we had threads in version 3 and in version 4 we get a F*&%k you not allowed to use UNLESS you pay one more time.

its a clear theft offunctions to force us to upgrade at same cost for little to no advancements. i also pay the monthly fee for over a year and still got shafted .

He should have made it all existing clients get to go to pro automatically to avoid this problem and any new ones that never knew the functions were even there in version 3 then they can be the ones that upgrade.

but its clear hes only after more of our money and providing not much else but excuses.

spam - reported

the last 2 posts are pretty much spam actually...

my post is NOT spam, its the truth the way seth is making restrictions on the software we ALL paid for and made him rich for , now is stealing our functions at will, whats next? no loop unless you move to pro? or dev? variables and lists only if you have pro , that's the stupidest thing i have ever heard of

and for you to call it spam shows that you have more dollars then sense because it should outrage you too. I mean the dev version has standard features that every other competing product has zenoposter doesn't limit what you can do and then hold hostage simple things like tables, when did using tables or threads become a premium issue here its silly this is 2012 not 1995.

don't get me wrong i use ubot and i put up with the BS even tho i paid good money for these restrictions but when i bought ubot IT HAD NO SUCH restrictions, version 3 had open ended development potential.

ok sure seth wants to make bank on the developers who made a fortune off his bot with their own creations, but why should the rest of us all suffer this wrath of in equality distribution of features. If he was smart he would dump the levels and give us all features just like zeno poster and many other products that came after ubot that DON'T restrict what you can do with it to promote the use . When and if ubot users develop great bots and apps it brings more customers to ubot he should be happy , but alas that's not the case, he stops adding new innovations to the app which is why he has to create levels to recoup more revenue from existing clients instead of promoting new innovations to get more of the clients he lost to users of zeno poster etc...

its not spam its a legitimate PAID customers point of view im sure many others who bought when ubot was growing feel the same way but will never stand up and say anything until someone else starts the conversation, which i will continue to do as i am a paid customer and even pay monthly for the privilege of more restrictions on my already paid for product. i can go on , but its clearly NOT bloody spam, your misdirection of the facts by your post , that's SPAM, i was contributing you were just in denial. sure if you want to pay for the developer version at a huge increase and have the cash sure no problem go ahead. but the rest of us we all bought ubot to become developers

im just saying the fact that 80% of most bugs are caused by him splitting the branch code to 3 levels is why ubot is getting such a bad wrap in the programming community and crashes so often is because he split what was once a full branch of code and now hes ripping it apart to accommodate pricing levels nothing more, the only reason it survives for the most part is thanks largely to the guys who have been here and create innovations for continued ubot developments such as TJ with the java script addon app etc.. guys like that are keeping ubot competitive not seth, sorry to say but there it is the COLD HARD TRUTH

sure i want the developer version ( much like i had with version 3 when i bought it in the first place) but what offends me is those features in dev and pro we had in standard before this price gouging cash grab think about it

UI HTML ( should be at some level in all ubot programs it has to be its 2012 not 1995)

tables ( again when did such a important part of programming bots become a premium feature , and lets not forget it was taken away not a new feature

threads ( again another feature taken away not a new innovative feature )

where are the new innovations for encouragement to move to dev license at a high cost? there really isn't any except to get back features that were taken from us

if ubot is to thrive and survive in the IM world we need to talk about it to make it expand and grow or more will move to zenoposter and the likes of the new apps coming to take away ubots hold on the the market

ok that's my rant for this morning only because you called my concerns as a paid owner for many many years SPAM, which clearly it is not

• Like 1

Duane reported spam posts that were injected by XRUMER .... quite ironic, otherwise, to have the Forum spammed by a software, ha, ha, ha...

Meanwhile, some Mods may have removed the spam posts and now, you inadvertently think he referred to you, but it isn't so...

That is my main reason why I never comment or quote spam posts (that will be soon deleted) but just hit the report button only, to alert a Mod.

cloakmaster, I am sure Duane has NO BEEF with you ...

Peace!

Duane reported spam posts that were injected by XRUMER .... quite ironic, otherwise, to have the Forum spammed by a software, ha, ha, ha...

Meanwhile, some Mods may have removed the spam posts and now, you inadvertently think he referred to you, but it isn't so...

That is my main reason why I never comment or quote spam posts (that will be soon deleted) but just hit the report button only, to alert a Mod.

cloakmaster, I am sure Duane has NO BEEF with you ...

Peace!

ah ok misunderstanding ;-) thanks for the heads up on that

how would I go about scraping results out of a table so that I can loop through them for manipulation?

Thanks!

Depends on the page you're scraping. You should be able to use $scrape attribute.

Just getting back to this thread. My problem with using scrape attribute is that it scrapes ONE attribute, not a table of attributes. For the time being I'm scraping 3 different attributes into 3 different lists, then cycling through them each in turn and hoping everything stays in sync. It's pretty stupid frankly and is a crappy workaround, especially when scraping tables is such a basic thing. I'm quite in agreement with Cloakmaster... features were removed that used to be standard, and that by any reasonable person's expectations, would be included in even the most base level o the product.

Very disappointing and does nothing to make me want to upgrade, in fact it's made me consider cancelling my monthly update subscription and just sticking with all my other tools instead.