UBot Underground

Scraping articles from webpages

I'm building a bot that visits some urls from a list and scrapes the articles published. The websites are all different but I'm only looking to scrape the text articles. Anyone know of a good way to go about grabbing just the text?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

not really as different sites have the text formatted differently so you`ll have to come up with a code for each one. (one for those who are on the same platform)

you can't scrape a text unless you know the div tags you are scraping from , you can make an if statement with all the platforms possible then scrape based on the current platform found !

you can't scrape a text unless you know the div tags you are scraping from , you can make an if statement with all the platforms possible then scrape based on the current platform found !

Yea that's whats I'm currently doing. Scraping tags with the if exists for stuff like <font>*</font> <p>*</p> and <span>*</span>

Its grabbing a lot of data this way but its still missing tons of articles and data.

I'll keep trying. Getting closer though :)

Perhaps try a website that will provide you with read-only versions of websites? That way then you might find it easier to strip out the text.

Some sources: http://howto.cnet.co...s-of-web-sites/

You know, you just maybe on to something there. Thanks!

well i've tested it with ezine article and it worked just great

Yea that's whats I'm currently doing. Scraping tags with the if exists for stuff like <font>*</font> <p>*</p> and <span>*</span>

Its grabbing a lot of data this way but its still missing tons of articles and data.

I'll keep trying. Getting closer though :)