UBot Underground

DEV option screenshots?

I'm thinking about upgrading to DEV, but I only know what can be done, but not how it looks, to see if it would fit what I want to do.. examples:

1. Width & Height, can they be set to 0 X 0, 1 X 1? What is the smallest dimensions I an use?

2. Is there a way to keep the user from closing it, no [ X ] upper right close? What if I don't want them closing a process that I am using uBot for?

3. What does a compiled DEV version that has "No Browser" selected look like?

Anyone willing to help me decide to take the plunge? :)

I am very happy if you disclose this but I also agree with your opinion does the dev can also be made into a more accelerated no browser if in compilasi and if so what should be paid extra for this feature and whether this feature can also be applied to professional ubot

Hi,

1 - "Width & Height, can they be set to 0 X 0, 1 X 1? What is the smallest dimensions I an use?"

I have created a test bot (http://www.mediafire.com/?flx98ezqr9jgtlv). Size is 0 x 0.

I have checked all the remove option (remove branding, hide run bar, hide browser, hide navigation bar).

2 - "Is there a way to keep the user from closing it, no [ X ] upper right close? What if I don't want them closing a process that I am using uBot for?"

NO

3 - "What does a compiled DEV version that has "No Browser" selected look like?"

Open my test bot, maximize the window. I have checked the hide browser option. Nothing appear ...

Have a great day !

Emmanuel

• Like 1

Hi,

1 - "Width & Height, can they be set to 0 X 0, 1 X 1? What is the smallest dimensions I an use?"

I have created a test bot (http://www.mediafire...flx98ezqr9jgtlv). Size is 0 x 0.

I have checked all the remove option (remove branding, hide run bar, hide browser, hide navigation bar).

2 - "Is there a way to keep the user from closing it, no [ X ] upper right close? What if I don't want them closing a process that I am using uBot for?"

NO

3 - "What does a compiled DEV version that has "No Browser" selected look like?"

Open my test bot, maximize the window. I have checked the hide browser option. Nothing appear ...

Have a great day !

Emmanuel

Thanks Emmanuel for answering the questions and going the extra mile with the demo.

Here is what I found interesting, is that I thought setting the dimensions 0 x 0 (or any other size for that matter would lock it to that size as well so the user could not expand or shrink the app. created. (So, that is interesting to know.)

Thanks again.

One thing that (since it marinated over night) was the fact that in the demo done for me/us by Emmanuel, that the app sized to 0 x 0 was able to be resized by me a user (sounds like I'm talking TRON speak) :lol: ... was able to resize it.

I think it would make sense to have an option, that is:

[ ] Allow end user to resize.

I mean what is the purpose of letting a coder set the height and width if the user can just resize it?

There are various reason NOT to resize:

1. Will mess up the look of the UI (the way the coder wants it to look).

2. Can be used to hide what is happening. *

McD

* Yes I know that other instances of the browser can be made hidden, branding can be removed, buttons removed, etc. I personally would like to be able to hide uBot apps as I use uBot to do stuff that would take me longer to code on my own. (I often write my own interface and use uBot to do certain tasks that feed back to my interface.)

Both WinAutomation (new to using it) and something else that I've used and can also execute (run) compiled uBots, cannot run hidden, even though WinAutomation and my other software have the option and ability to run exes hidden.

1. WinAutomation didn't work.

2. I've also tried to capture the (bot) exe an run it within a internal frame, but the bot does not allow it. Here is what I was told by the company of the software I use (along with uBot):

"Typically EXEs that don't have a traditional "main" window cannot (or are hard to) "corral it" into the frame. Sometimes our software cannot detect the main window which causes your frame to fail. Another possible reason is the EXE you are trying to run in the frame just doesn't like being restricted and refuse to work properly no matter what we do."

I can for example capture notepad.exe in a frame without a problem.

-----

And to reiterate, as I mentioned above.. I will repeat it here:

"One thing that (since it marinated over night) was the fact that in the demo done for me/us by Emmanuel, that the app sized to 0 x 0 was able to be resized by me a user (sounds like I'm talking TRON speak) :lol: ... was able to resize it."

@Duane

All I've been enable to do in WinAutomation is to launch the uBot EXE, (launch it minimized) and then set it to invisible. Is that how you do it?

Run Application (With parameter of "minimized")

Set Window Visibility (using a Window Handle)

There are settings in WinAutomation when you compile it to hide it... I have several that run that way... completely under the radar...

Hey I'm a coder, so when you say "There are settings in WinAutomation when you compile it to hide it", I take that as a real hide (from the get go) :ph34r:

Not a psuedo... okay start up, minimized (would you like a cup of coffee...?) Oh, okay, now we have to make you invisible. :rolleyes:

:blink: :D B)

Ah... the bots I have use the internal scheduling and turn on automagically, do something and turn back off and I generally never even see it happen, which has always been stealth enough for me. I think stuff written completely within WA can be invisible, but if you shell out then it depends on the capabilities of whatever you are shelling out to.

Did the response on the WinAutomation forum do what you are looking for or was that only for IE applications? :huh:

Yeah, looking to do some stuff (not) for me and so not turning on automagically with build in triggers from WA. (Now I am looking for an installer that will allow me to create scheduled tasks, that doesn't cost an arm an a leg.)

I just replied to the WA forum.