UBot Underground

Multi-tabbed bot

I created a large bot with several tabs and different ui boxes in each tab. After compiling and running the bot, I discovered that you have to click "run" after navigating to each new tab. Having to click on 2 items just to get started (in each tab) makes the bot seem kind of amateurish to me.

I tried using an autohotkey mouse click script and although that solution works fine, it makes me nervous when I see my mouse wandering around the screen and clicking stuff on it's own. (It brings to mind scary thoughts like hackers and viruses.) And if I'm thinking those scary thoughts, I have to believe that my bot buyers will think the same thing.

How do other ubotters get around this issue? Am I being paranoid or overly critical because it's my first (hopefully) big commercial bot? Do customers not care about having to click on both new tab and run?

Right now, when opening each new tab, it displays instructions for entering data into the ui text boxes. So, along those lines, I have 2 questions...

1) Is there a way using the ui stat monitor to determine when they click run so that I can then display the instructions?

2) Is there a way to auto-start a new tab so the user doesn't have to click both new tab and run?

Do you know that you can only run the code pf one tab at the time right? So your customers should not be switching from tab to tab running the bot while there is another tab working.

So far I never had a problem. My customers chosse what tab they want to run and hit run just once then when that operation is over they move to the second tab and hit run again

in Dev version Kreatus i believe sharred a onload feature that when that is loading the UI area, it would run a defined command, which in turn could auto start that tab processing

I'm using Kreatus' onload subroutine to pull up the html for for each tab, but I do not how it can be set up to actually run the tab. I'd be very interested in seeing how Kreatus' onload sub routine can be used to run the tab.

Do you know that you can only run the code pf one tab at the time right? So your customers should not be switching from tab to tab running the bot while there is another tab working.

So far I never had a problem. My customers chosse what tab they want to run and hit run just once then when that operation is over they move to the second tab and hit run again

I'm glad to hear that customers are okay with clicking both the tab and run. Guess I was just being a little paranoid on my first good commercial bot.

Thanks Tj and P0s3id0n for your helpful suggestions (& thanks to Kreatus for the great onload subroutine). I am getting around the problem by instucting users to click on "Run" at the very top of my opening html at the beginning of each tab.

Thanks again all for the help.

If you have code that launches on a HTML UI button push, do you still need to click start?

I don't remember having to ever hit start with my code launched via a html button onclick event.

The html code launches when the tab is opened, Ubot will not click on run which is located above the browser.