UBot Underground

Selling my first bot question

After a month of practice and learning, I am ready to sell my first bot, (yea!)

In preping it for sale, I sent it to my wife's email in zip format. Her computer runs windows 7(I know, I hate it too). When she ran the bot, it said wait while it downloads necessary support files. This took about 5 minutes. Then her antivirus program (Kaspersky) said that the file is similar to a root shell virus, but allowed the program to run anyway.

Are these things normal or do I need to do something more to get rid of the virus warning and sell bots smoothly without problems.

it is normal for bots to be flagged by anti virus as the encryption on them can sound alarms., but are false positives.

Also the system in which the AV company's rely on is reputation. If a software is not known to them they will flag it just for not knowing what it is..

Whatever was changed in UBot 4.1.8 it no longer shows any false positives (was 3/42) on http://virustotal.com/ which is awesome :D

That's great news ! It's starting to feel like Christmas, and I've now got some great toys to play with :D

Phil