UBot Underground

How to do Link Building that is Google Penguin friendly

Guest michelsmith

Guest michelsmith

Google has recently updated their search engine techniques that is they called " Google Penguin ". Does the old link building technique still work like before ? or we need to change the strategy . If anyone know this, please, share your thoughts and ideas.

• 7 months later...
Unique content, adding value to the internet, contexual link variety, and social media. So crappy content and spammy links won't give you any Google luv.

Correct, you should use unique good quality content for your tier 1 and 2 links, contextual links are best. You can still use spun content and spammy links for your lower tiers. This will still help push the PR through the pages.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Link velocity is very important now, links should be built gradually overtime. The anchor text pointing to the site you are building links to should also contain anchors such as, click here, this website, here, and just the web url, etc. This makes the link building look more natural to Google. Social media is also a BIG factor now, recieving links from sites such as twitter, facebook etc. These links might be nofollow but Google will still see them and concider this to be natural links. Social signals are also important such as, likes, Google + votes, pins etc.

Google is getting smarter, so we need to too!

I am also working on a large bot over 6months now... that creates contextual links, and networks of blogs.

Google now likes to see blogs that are not just "one page blogs" that look like they have been built with software.

Having multiple posts on one blog gives the domain, posts and links more value as the site will build up pagerank faster.

Just my 2c....

Carl

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah spin your contextual link and even use your web address raw as well. Every single link you create could have different text if you wanted. Very simple to do.

I screwed myself on this one. I have a company that called something like "Joe's Plumbing". Since my keyword is in my title, I used THAT as my anchor text for years. Worked like a charm until Panda. I wasn't hammering my main keyword i.e. "plumbing", but thought I was doing a crude version of branding by using my full company name. Now it looks to Google that I over optimized for my keyword. :-(

• 1 month later...

I screwed myself on this one. I have a company that called something like "Joe's Plumbing". Since my keyword is in my title, I used THAT as my anchor text for years. Worked like a charm until Panda. I wasn't hammering my main keyword i.e. "plumbing", but thought I was doing a crude version of branding by using my full company name. Now it looks to Google that I over optimized for my keyword. :-(

Yup I killed a bunch of my sites with this too, and not with just 1 keyword, I usually spun off about 5 relevant anchors for each page and blasted it out and ranked well.... worked great even through panda... Penguin killed me... just took a shotgun blast to the head on most of my sites. Many of them have recovered now (a year later) as alot of those links have been cleaned out and removed I would imagine (I mostly did bookmarks... say what you want, almost pure bookmarks worked for 2 years).  Now you need to have 50% of your anchors be the url, an image, or "click here" type anchors to be more natural, and like others have said.. blasting links no longer works... need to drip it out and drip out multiple tiers and across a wide range of platforms, web2.0,bookmarks,articles,blogs,wikis and most importantly, social media... This is a place where ubot will shine actually by not having to have a bunch of different tools and string the output of 1 bot into the input of another, you can create a universal format that all your bots read from and write too.