UBot Underground

Make a bot begin at a specific point in the bot and possibly end at a specific point?

Your welcome.

Glad I could help. I know what it's like to be stuck on something that seems so simple. I have always had people step in and help me out, and it's nice to give back to the community!

Feel free to send me a compiled version when your done as a reward :P (j/k... unless you want to)

Cheers,

Justin

Your welcome.

Glad I could help. I know what it's like to be stuck on something that seems so simple. I have always had people step in and help me out, and it's nice to give back to the community!

Feel free to send me a compiled version when your done as a reward :P (j/k... unless you want to)

Cheers,

Justin

I would totally send you a compiled version, but it wouldn't do you any good. Our articles are uploaded to our system and then ubot downloads the articles and titles etc. into a spreadsheet. and then post the articles from the spreadsheet. Our system spins the articles in a very specific way and does not use spin syntax.

So if you really want the compiled bot I will be sure to send it to you ;)

I would totally send you a compiled version, but it wouldn't do you any good. Our articles are uploaded to our system and then ubot downloads the articles and titles etc. into a spreadsheet. and then post the articles from the spreadsheet. Our system spins the articles in a very specific way and does not use spin syntax.

So if you really want the compiled bot I will be sure to send it to you ;)

Here is a little something that might help you out!

The comparison conditions in the if then commands are not needed. simply placing the check-box variable in the condition field works by itself! I think this would save you a ton of time if you use this ever again.

Use custom commands not the bot bank.

For each failed site in your list, run the custom command that site.

That way you don't have to do it individually. If you do it with a list, you can run all your failed sites at once with minimal code.

For each failed site in your list, run the custom command for that site.

You could do all your failed sites in one whack and one bit of code using a list, rather than an if-then-else for each individual site... which is a PITA.

For each failed site in your list, run the custom command that site.

That way you don't have to do it individually. If you do it with a list, you can run all your failed sites at once with minimal code.

Custom commands make it very difficult to edit bots of this size. Ubot does not run very efficiently, and I am running a quadcore with a lot of ram.

Here is a little something that might help you out!

The comparison conditions in the if then commands are not needed. simply placing the check-box variable in the condition field works by itself! I think this would save you a ton of time if you use this ever again.

Wouldn't this make everything run even if the box wasn't checked though?

Anyone have any ideas why my bot would be skipping commands inside the "if" command?

So the bot gets to the if command the conditions are met it goes to the then command, runs the first command from the private bot bank, skips the second command, goes to the next if then command and does the same thing.

It is doing that for each one.

I tried adding waits in there and that didnt solve it. It goes to the wait command, and waits then skips the next command and goes to the next if then command.

• 3 months later...