UBot Underground

Changing the scraped results

Hi all,

Let's say I scrape an attribute and it's either one of 4 results: A,B,C,D

I add the scraped attribute to my list (add item to list) and then add list to table.

So when I view the table in csv format, I see either A,B,C or D.

However each of those letters represent something, either Red, Blue, Green or Black.

How can I go about switching those attributes, from say "A" to "Red" so when I review the output in CSV format it says Red rather than A?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Can't you just edit the individual cells in the CSV file? Read the first cell and do a series of if then statements... if it is A, replace it with red, etc. Is that totally missing the point? http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

I could do that, yes, but the output would be looked at others who may not necessarily know what the letters mean. I'd simply prefer to do the changeover before I write to the file. Thanks for the input though

Interested to know too if you'd know how to add a column title?

been playing around with it for a while now and cant get it out.

Column 1 is called Tasks

Column 2 is called Action Taken

Column 3 is called Assigned to

and so on...

These would go across the first row, 0,1 0,2 0,3 and so on.

I have the data writing to the second row downwards, just the naming of columns has stumped me, also :)

Yup... set table cell... for both the column titles (Row 0) and you can replace the A's with Red's at the same time... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Does that take care of it?

Hey Duane,

The column titles are sorted, however I cant see how the set table cell would change the contents of the cells on the fly.

Basically I scrape data, it's added to a list, the list then saves to the table.

I want to intervene somewhere before it writes to the table.