UBot Underground

Death by captcha solver bot / app

So to follow on from my mega Google Scraper bot, here we have a death by captcha (http://www.deathbycaptcha.com) solver bot. Again, probably rushed and released too early, but...

Attached files

1) the ubot file, takes two parameters, the image file you want to solve and the path to the folder that contains the image.

(having to pass the folder in is laziness on my part as couldn't be bothered working it out in the bot :)

so eg.

param1) c:\captchatosolve\captcha341.jpg

param2) c:\captchatosolve\

NB trailing slash important.

Make sure you use unique values for the captcha filename when saving it if you are going to be running many bots at the same time as the image name is used when writing out the captcha, so if isn't unique then you could get the wrong code.

2) dbc.zip (contains dbc.exe and .dll ) this is a console app that uses the death by captcha API to solve the captcha

You will need to run this exe first so you can enter your

1)username

2)password

3)path to store solve captcha files

This info is saved to a file in the appdata folder in a dbc folder, could be dbc_ubot cannot remember off the top of my head.

If the captcha isn't solved correctly, then tough, there is now way in this bot to request your money back, but as it is only 0.1 of a cent, so be it.

So how to use it.

Select captcha image by attribute

Save chosen image to disk

include dbc_captcha.ubot

set variable to 'return value' run sub solve_captcha(image_path, folder_path)

have attached an image of how you can get the solve code into a variable (captcha_helper.jpg)

Note in the ubot file, the dbc.exe is expected to be in the folder (so is the deathbycaptcha.dll)

C:\dbc\dbc.exe

The ubot file also expects you to set the solved captcha folder when you first run the dbc.exe as:

C:\solvedcaptchas\

Note, if the login fails, or the something goes wrong and the API doesn't return a code (this has never happened to me) then the text file with your solved captcha isn't written out, in this instance it will crash / throw an exception. I was trying to get this to work using the new run in sub window command, but when calling this via an include file it wasn't working using a sub window so as is gone midnight it can stay as is.

Note, some people said they would pay for this bot / app to be created, $50-$100 was bounded about I think, anyway I don't want it, but if you could donate to a charity helping out in Haiti that would be fantastic (or any other charity of your choice).

post-171-12666263032847_thumb.jpg

dbc_captcha.ubot

dbc.zip

• Like 6

good night all, hope to get the sub working with just the one param tomorrow and get the run as sub window as well.

any questions then just fire away.

feel free to take the code, modify, improve and all that, but in the spirit of sharing, please upload your new ubot files based upon this for others.

Note, some people said they would pay for this bot / app to be created, $50-$100 was bounded about I think, anyway I don't want it, but if you could donate to a charity helping out in Haiti that would be fantastic (or any other charity of your choice).

In the other thread where it says that people would pay money (which you obviously read)... I asked if anybody was going to work on this.

It would have helped if you spoke up.

Thanks for sharing this some_guy :D What do you think of DBC so far? I'm seeing some mixed reviews.

In the other thread where it says that people would pay money (which you obviously read)... I asked if anybody was going to work on this.

I thought you were going to work on one for captchabot?

Yes I did read it and saw you say you would get on it shortly but you were busy with work at the time. I can only speak for myself here, but I have said things similar and two weeks later still haven't got round to it.

My wife was out last night so I had a decent amount of time to work at something and thought would have a go at this. Seeing as everyone has been saying there has been issues with decaptcha / ITT and that Seth posted a blog about how you can now run in a sub window that lots of captcha-breaker sites can be used, then new captcha breakers would be available to "ubotters" thought would just put this up for all and if anyone wanted to donate to charity then all is good.

Hey some_guy,

Thanks for this, I plan on giving it a try :-)

How reliable have you found http://www.deathbycaptcha.com to be? Response time?

Thanks again,

Chris

Response time when testing the dbc.exe app is about 5 seconds, calling the app from ubot as shell command it seems to take longer, but still only about 10 seconds. I have no experience with any other captcha services but the success rate was about 3/4. I did notice all captchas seemed to come back capitlized, don't know if that is an issue for some captchas or not.

Ok, so after some more using today, Deathbycaptcha isn't always so accurate or quick, especially if using a complex catcha (gmail for example).

So have built into the dbc.exe app the abilty to report a catpcha as incorrect and have added a sub into the .ubot.

All you need to do is call the report sub and pass in the same full path to the captcha image that you passed in when calling the solve sub. This will cause a shell command to run the app to report the code returned as incorrect and to get your money back.

For those who care how this happens, what happens now is when a captcha is solved it is saved to the specified solved folder. Now another file is written there with the captchas id.

So if you pass in a captcha image with filepath 'c:\captchas\412472346.jpg' the returned code is saved in your folder as '412472346.jpg.txt' and the id is saved in the file '412472346.jpg.id'.

When you pass in 'c:\captchas\412472346.jpg' to the report sub, it works out the file name of the Id file to 412472346.jpg.id and looks for it in the solved folder. It reads in the contents of the file (the id) then passes this to the app as a parameter for reporting.

Tested it and it works perfect. Very nice job!

Only problem is that death by captcha is extremely slow for me, 2min+ per captcha. This makes it unusable for captchas that time out sadly enough. For captchas that don't time out it works fine.

Do you still plan on making something like this for captchabot? I've heard great things about their service and they should be much quicker.

As I've said many times in many other threads, I would be willing to pay money for something like this that has Captchabot support built in.

I'll have a look at the captchabot API and see what can be done.

When was tested this bot last friday night, it was firing back the answers in seconds (friday night uk time so mid afternoon US time). When was revising the bot saturday midday UK time, it was taking 1-2 mins as posted above. I assume that deathbycaptcha uses US based web sites to break the captchas (enter this captcha to see boobies kinda thing).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a 24 hour test on death by captcha on march 23. The results were less than impressive.

Note that I had each captcha time out after 30 seconds and would move to the next one. I uploaded a total of 3187 captchas, 1699 of which timed out within 30 seconds (53%). There were several times when no captchas were solved for a long time, the longest being 20 minutes. There were 6 unique periods where no captchas were solved for 10 minutes or longer.

It's a shame too. I really like DBC's simple API and their support was friendly, knowledgable and did try to work with me. But it's just not reliable enough for me :(

What are some other sites to use? How is decaptcher? I have also been trying amazon turk, which seems to be filled with workers 24/7, but it's slow (1-2 min response usually) and expensive at $0.015 per "HIT" minimum.

Yeah it sucks that captcha services in general doesn't run a very tight business.

I would try out bypasscaptchas. I haven't heard that much about them, but they seem pretty legit.

decaptcher.com don't work at all, they are inputing all the wrong text, and there is a string of 222222222 at the end of every captcha input too. So what's the problem here? Is it their problem or the problem with ubot integrating with their service?

This is getting very disappointing as I am finding trouble getting captcha and proxies to work with ubot, whci ar the really fundamental parts needed in an automation bot. For proxies, even if I am using good working public proxies, the bot runs smoothly without any hiccups in ubot studio mode when not using proxies. Then when it is run through proxies in compiled mode, I start getting lots of issues and errors.. I really hope the new released version will fixed these issues and offer more concrete solutions on captcha and proxy functions..

Use 'change chosen attribute' instead of send keys field chosen until next update. - thats probably why the 2222 is printed.

And your errors in the compiled one might be that subwindows in compiled bots and subwindows in subs is bugged at the moment. Both should be fixed with the next update.

decaptcher.com don't work at all, they are inputing all the wrong text, and there is a string of 222222222 at the end of every captcha input too. So what's the problem here? Is it their problem or the problem with ubot integrating with their service?

This is getting very disappointing as I am finding trouble getting captcha and proxies to work with ubot, whci ar the really fundamental parts needed in an automation bot. For proxies, even if I am using good working public proxies, the bot runs smoothly without any hiccups in ubot studio mode when not using proxies. Then when it is run through proxies in compiled mode, I start getting lots of issues and errors.. I really hope the new released version will fixed these issues and offer more concrete solutions on captcha and proxy functions..

That's interesting and strange. I am experiencing similar issues with deathbycaptcha if I use their API: it returns numbers instead of the solved captcha.

That's interesting and strange. I am experiencing similar issues with deathbycaptcha if I use their API: it returns numbers instead of the solved captcha.

I think you might be seeing the captcha ID. The deathbycaptcha API works like this: You upload a captcha, it returns HTML or JSON containing an ID number. Then using this ID number, you keep requesting another URL until the captcha is solved. Once it has been solved, this 2nd URL will contain the captcha solution in HTML or JSON.

I do not use uBot at all, rather a perl script, and have been able to get accurate captcha solutions from both deathbycaptcha and decaptcher.

I should also share that I did a 24 hour test on decaptcher, and the results were pretty good. I uploaded 3138 captchas, 96% were solved without timing out, average response time was 17 seconds. I did not test the accuracy of the solutions though.

Edit: I ran another test to check the accuracy of decaptcher's responses. I did 200 captchas, and only 10% were wrong. This is impressive because some of my captchas are legitimately confusing, they use l, 1 and I, for example, and both 0 and O, which some captcha systems specifically avoid.

• 2 months later...