UBot Underground

How To Interact With The Browser With A Plugin

Go to solution Solved by nichewebstrategies,

Say I want to interact with the pages DOM,generated HTML,not just feeding a document text input into the plugin? like using eval

ubut.runscript(eval(document.title))

thanks for any help

Say I want to interact with the pages DOM,generated HTML,not just feeding a document text input into the plugin?

thanks for any help

If you automate webpage like posting data, interacting with sites you need to implement webdriver i.e. Selenium , just lik Exbrowser.

In order to only scrape content from html page you can use html agility (xpath version 1 is included)

Hope it helps 

• Like 1

thanks yeah I can run javascript from inside the plugin get/set global variables but that isn't really the solution I am looking for,would like to know how to directly interact with the browsers DOM from a third party plugin,but I am probably not good enough at C sharp to do it

• Solution

What you are saying is that instead of passing in the Document HTML from the built in browser via a variable to your plugin, you want to access the browser document HTML directly from the custom plugin that you are writing, correct?

Looking at the plugin API, there is no way to access the browser HTML directly in a custom plugin using the plugin API. That is something basic that needs to be made available via the plugin API in my opinion.

That said, it might be possible to walk the WPF object tree and gain access to the browser object and retrieve it, but that is a pretty advanced topic and I am not 100% that would even work.

• Like 1

What you are saying is that instead of passing in the Document HTML from the built in browser via a variable to your plugin, you want to access the browser document HTML directly from the custom plugin that you are writing, correct?

Looking at the plugin API, there is no way to access the browser HTML directly in a custom plugin using the plugin API. That is something basic that needs to be made available via the plugin API in my opinion.

That said, it might be possible to walk the WPF object tree and gain access to the browser object and retrieve it, but that is a pretty advanced topic and I am not 100% that would even work.

Thanks everyone who contributed here,and Niche in particular

BUMP to your website too,

thanks for your help,yeah that sucks ha