UBot Underground

Installer Error: Error Opening File For Writing - Roaming\ubot Studio\browser\5.9.12\avcodec-53.dll

Hi Fellow Botters and Ubot Staff,

right now I am testing the DEV version and try to use a compiled installer. When I try to run the installer (in order to deploy the script with necesarry ressources and install it on windows system) I get the following error:

Error opening file for writing:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubot Studio\Browser\5.9.12\avcodec-53.dll

Click Abort to stop the installation ...

(Screenshot attached)

This issue opens up multiple questions:

1.) How to solve this problem in order to properly install the software (bot) with installer?

2.) Does it mean, that every client which will install the software (via installer) will have C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubot Studio\Browser\5.9.12\avcodec-53.dll installed on their PCs? Because this would mean that the white labeling of the software could be debated as kind of "questionable", question could be how complete this "white label" functionality really is, or how many footprints may else be there.

Please dont understand me wrong. I am new to ubot these days and want to know what experienced users can say, or maybe even the staff.

I hope for some clearifying feedback.

Many thanks to all.

Error Environment Details

Ubot: Dev 5.9 (Rev 11)

Agent: Chromium 39

post-27435-0-88953500-1452739362_thumb.jpg

Edited by PRO

Ok, I found the answer for question 1:

Problem goes aways, as soon as you close the ubot studio (creator software) during bot installation process. Perfect!

I wonder if someone can answer or comment on question 2.  :rolleyes: 

Thanks!

Edited by PRO

Hey Pro,

1- I have personally never been able to get the built in installer to work for me, so I use a 3rd party application.

I started off using inno-setup, then moved into actual installer. Inno is free, Actual installer is pretty cheap and has great options.

2- Yes. There is traces of ubot name. It seems that they have taken a lot of steps to get the most obvious stuff taken out or renamed, but there are little things like that that will remain as far as I know.

I don't like it when my user gets some sort of ubot related notice, but on the other hand, that really only ever happens if there is a pretty big problem, so overall it doesn't happen often.

• Like 1

Hey Brutal,

many thanks for your suggestions with alternative solutions for point 1! 

I wish there were just a few Input Fields more in ubot "developer compile options screen" where the Bot Producer can type in the new "renamed" names of the "Browser.exe", "Roaming/Ubot" folder and all the other variables that make the unwanted ubot footprint on client PCs.

Can we suggest this to the developers of ubot as an "ultimate solution" for all their botters to go "stealth 2.0"? Everyone could then produce their "customized footprints". GREAT.

Maybe together with the community and devs we can promote for this kind of a solution.

It would be AWESOME NICE (and extremely useful, vital and valuable, too).

If any Ubot staff or even official developer is reading this - please be a hero and do it.

Whole Ubot community will cheer to you - I am sure  :lol: (pretty sure).

Edited by PRO

Ok ... sounds faboulous ... I want now to find and speak to the hero ...   :lol:

Can you tell me, where to find those? And how to contact em?

Edited by PRO

OMG, this is hard to believe....

Right now the installer seems far, far away from real white label, I must tell.

Please take a seat before you may view the attached screenshot 
(taken during a regular bot installation process)

:wacko:

post-27435-0-64576300-1452742484_thumb.jpg

Edited by PRO