UBot Underground

When Reading this Post

http://network.ubotstudio.com/blog/headless-browsing-just-in-time-for-halloween/

It says that:

"‘Headless’ browsing means that your bot doesn’t have a graphical interface. This makes it faster – if it’s connecting without rendering HTML and loading images, for example, it’ll speed things up as it’s moving along the web. While not loading images, Javascript, CSS, and Flash are features that UBot has had for a while, combining them into a single “headless” option for simplicity"

So if all that headless browsing does is shutting down images,css,java and flash then wouldn't that cause most page to behave differently?

Most websites now days use many java based elements, trackings, forms, or image pixels or css based content.

so if I shut that off then the page will not behave the same and the fill of formms can get messed up.

For example for one to code the browser mus be rendered with all elemenst and you use the element selector to guide the bot on where to fill  and click things.

then if I set headless browsing wouldn't all the work I did stop working with out me knowing because now the browser is hidden?

Like if I choose an element based on class, or image type or java based element and that element is not being rendered then how will ubot fill or click on that element?

For example many forms now days use java based validation functions so the form gets submited and java must validate that all fields were filled properly, but if the java was not loaded then is impossible to submit the form.

Main reason whhy I never used any of those disallow features on ubot.

Can somebody please shed some light about these things?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

you need to below,most/all are disabled by default,which will make the page work the same as normal

set headless browser("On")
allow javascript("Yes")
allow css("Yes")
allow images("Yes")
allow flash("Yes")

• Like 2

humm but doesnt that then defeat the purpose of being headless?

If they say that headless browser is the equavalent on turning all that off well if you do "allow yes" to all after the fact, doesnt make the headless browser setting pointless?

It would be the equivalent of just setting visibility as invisible.

How does it help my bots in terms of performance?

headless browsers like phantomJS were created for web site developers etc to run tests on their websites,it runs a lot faster as it does not render everything in the browser window,try it yourself,do a speedtest

The point you made about about clicking elements etc,it should run exactly the same headless as it does render the page,it just doesnt load the rendered page for the user

**done a speedtest on one site got practically the same result for navigating to 10 different site** so I don't know actually

site 2 dramatic difference,normal browser 3.22,headless 1.20,I have only 4mb internet too

allow javascript("Yes")
allow css("Yes")
allow images("Yes")
allow flash("Yes")
set(#position,0,"Global")
set list position(%urls,0)
loop(10) {
    navigate("http://www.startpage.com","Wait")
    wait for browser event("Page Loaded","")
    wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
    wait for browser event("Dom ready","")
    type text(<name="query">,$next list item(%urls),"Standard")
    click(<id="submit1">,"Left Click","No")
    wait for browser event("Page Loaded","")
    wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
    wait for browser event("Dom ready","")
    increment(#position)
}

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

you need to below,most/all are disabled by default,which will make the page work the same as normal

allow javascript("Yes")

allow css("Yes")...

This solved it my problem!  Kind of seems odd to turn all that off, just to turn it back on, but for the sake of the structure of the sites, i get it.  When trying to use headless on a page associated with a facebook game, anytime i enabled headless, i got a java warning stating "FB Not Recognized!", and nothing would load. Assuming turning java off straight up broke the data stream.  Good god, thank you lol, was getting a migraine. 

Think I'm starting to get ahold of ubot finally (a little at least, better than when i started at nothing!), and thank you deliter, you've answered 3 of my questions today alone  :D

Edited by sbm128
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...