UBot Underground

I want a simple SoundCloud scraper...

I was thinking of building this myself just for the fun of it, but frankly I don't have the time and this is just something for my personal use anyway and doesn't need to be really sophisticated.  Was wondering if anyone would be open to building this for me...

All I really want to be able to do is open a page on SoundCloud, and scrape the soundfiles on it to a selected directory.  Maybe specify a maximum number to scrape, starting from the first file on the page... but that's pretty much it.  I find a lot of music on there available to download to my iTunes library, but it's so tedious to do one track at a time, especially when I find an entire set of say 20 or 30 tracks that I like.  They're only 128kb as far as I can tell but that's acceptable to me unless I really REALLY love something, in which case I'll consider paying for a higher quality version from the artist if it's available.

Anyway, is anyone interested in banging something like this out?  Again this is strictly a personal bot for my own listening pleasure, but I'd be willing to pay a little something for it if it will help get it done.  Let me know if you're interested... thanks!

Ill have a mess around and see what i can come up with for you..

This is what you're looking for:

(?<=streamUrl\"\:\").*?(?=\")

Just make sure it is the first instance on the page and download that file.

If you want I'll whip it up.

Hmmmm... I don't see streamUrl anywhere in the source, even viewing the generated source in Web Developer.  So yeah, if you wouldn't mind whipping that up, I'd definitely appreciate it!

Okay I'll take a look, the bot I took that out of uses Aymens HTTP Post plugin to get the source.

Hmmmm... I don't see streamUrl anywhere in the source, even viewing the generated source in Web Developer.  So yeah, if you wouldn't mind whipping that up, I'd definitely appreciate it!

I think you are seeing new version of SoundCloud, while with HTTP POST plugin they are getting the old version. I noticed that a month ago when I was working on SC.