UBot Underground

$eval 3.5 to 4

Please can someone help me get this $eval command to work in Ubot 4. Here's how how it appears in 3.5.

post-3128-0-88516100-1316539189_thumb.jpg

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a variable #SiteID by taking the first 10 characters of a URL.

I'm lost without being able to right click on the variables. And typing the expression in directly doesn't seem to work. It removes the curly brackets.

Thanks

Gillian

Please can someone help me get this $eval command to work in Ubot 4. Here's how how it appears in 3.5.

post-3128-0-88516100-1316539189_thumb.jpg

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a variable #SiteID by taking the first 10 characters of a URL.

I'm lost without being able to right click on the variables. And typing the expression in directly doesn't seem to work. It removes the curly brackets.

Thanks

Gillian

Please can someone help me with this? I imagine it's pretty basic for someone who knows

Thanks

Hi Gillian. You wouldn't use the same type of string in v4. Where you have the variables, you would actually drag the variable into the parameter box. This is what your string should look like in v4:

http://screencast.com/t/vPpcSMba

I hope that helps.

John

Hi Gillian. You wouldn't use the same type of string in v4. Where you have the variables, you would actually drag the variable into the parameter box. This is what your string should look like in v4:

http://screencast.com/t/vPpcSMba

I hope that helps.

John

Thanks John. I can't test it at the moment because my version of Ubot4 isn't working but I see the principle, which is very helpful.