UBot Underground

Alternative to Developer edition

I haven't purchased Ubot yet and, as of now, don't plan to until the pulled Developer edition comes back (assuming it ever does). Reason being, the whole reason I was looking at purchasing it was to create and sell bots as my own stand-alone programs. Being unable to customize the UI may not be important for those who just automate their own tasks, but for developers who want to create and sell software it's a deal-breaker (for me it is anyways).

I know there are already threads asking "Why?" and that the only answer given has been "abuse" (UI customization abuse??)...and that at some time in the near future a final decision will be made regarding the fate of the Developer edition. Okay, but I won't hold my breath as I can already see several weeks have passed with no further info on Dev's fate. BTW, while the ability to purchase the Dev edition has been taken away, the list of its benefits on http://www.ubotstudio.com/features-benefits.aspx is still there...might want to remove them to avoid confusion.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask other developers if there are any other RAD products similar to UBot that they'd recommend. If you don't feel comfortable posting an answer here, then please pm me. As a last resort I guess I can code everything from scratch myself in Visual Studio(ugh).

Hey let me ask you something - if you had access to the ui customization but without the license removal, would you be content with that?

I can't really divulge what abusive behavior was going on as it might be a security risk, but I can say that it was a result of the license removal and not the ui customization tools. If we were to come out with a dev version that cost a little less, didn't have license removal, but did have all the ui stuff, would that suffice? If you're unsure what I'm talking about, it's the link in the upper right corner of the compiled bots seen here: http://screencast.com/t/UULoqkzZW9HS

Believe me, we want to sell the dev version, but we need to work out these abuse issues first.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with out features and benefits page. You're right, we do need to change that, at least temporarily while we figure out what to do.

Also, if anyone knows any tools as good as UBot Studio, I'd like to know too :lol:

Ideally I'd like to be able to remove the "Powered by You + Ubot Studio" too, but I could live with it. My primary concern is being able to add branding (i.e.- a logo) for a customer, as well as modify the color scheme to their satisfaction. Not being able to change the look and feel of an app or add personalized branding to it may not matter to some customers, but for others it will be a requirement. As for the inability to remove the license, I don't think it would be of much concern for the majority of customers, provided their own branding was taking center stage.

So, in short, the answer to your question is yes, I would be content with that.

As for other products, I did some research and it looks like for now you guys are in a class all your own. While there are other macro products out there, I haven't seen anything along the lines of what you have. So if I don't go with you guys I'll probably just do it all myself from scratch...and yes, I know how much more time and coding that would be on my end...so it's definitely not my first choice.

Thanks.

Hey let me ask you something - if you had access to the ui customization but without the license removal, would you be content with that?

I can't really divulge what abusive behavior was going on as it might be a security risk, but I can say that it was a result of the license removal and not the ui customization tools. If we were to come out with a dev version that cost a little less, didn't have license removal, but did have all the ui stuff, would that suffice? If you're unsure what I'm talking about, it's the link in the upper right corner of the compiled bots seen here: http://screencast.com/t/UULoqkzZW9HS

Believe me, we want to sell the dev version, but we need to work out these abuse issues first.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with out features and benefits page. You're right, we do need to change that, at least temporarily while we figure out what to do.

Also, if anyone knows any tools as good as UBot Studio, I'd like to know too :lol:

I would love more ui options in all versions yes! Is this a possibility?

Also what exactly does "remove the license" mean? the "powered by ubot and you" link on the bots or does it mean something about the actual studio when working on bots?

I would love more ui options in all versions yes! Is this a possibility?

Also what exactly does "remove the license" mean? the "powered by ubot and you" link on the bots or does it mean something about the actual studio when working on bots?

Seth is referring to the the "Powered by..." link

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to add my two cents about products that are as good as ubot.

Winautomation. I have the pro version and the only thing it can not do is UI which is why I bought Ubot. Still having trouble getting into it but working on learning.

I also have a bunch of other stuff that is just gonna take more time to learn, like video studio, not the express version.