UBot Underground

How to Chose a Drop-Down List Element?

Hello All,

Sorry, it's a very basic question, but I'm a rookie...

How to chose a drop-down list element?

Here is what I want to do:

1 - Go to:

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

2 - Write a domain name in field. For example:

ubotstudio.com

3 - Click on "Explore URL" button

4 - Click "Inlinks" button

5 - In drop-down list "Show Inlinks:"

6 - Select "Escept from this domain" element

7 - In drop-down list "to:"

8 - Select "Entire site"

9 - Save into "Inlinks 2010-08-01.csv":

ubotstudio.com;(Date of Today);(number of Inlinks);

Thank you for your help,

Rise

Hey Rise,

I have attached a small example of what you could do. make sure the watch the tutorials. They describe how to do those things.

The tutorials are at ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx

It will teach you how to navigate, fill fields (in your case you can use a UI text block since you are going to be researching more than one url.), and choose from a drop down list (This will be pretty simple for you since you're choosing between only two things). You can click and drag most of these things actually.

The example I'm attaching will make more sense if you watch the tutorials. :)

Yahoo Explorer Example.ubot

Hello Lilly,

You have a hard job, please, accept my condolences.

Thank you for your sample, but it doesn't work at all:

5 steps, 3 errors.

Nothing appears.

Nothing move.

Nothing.

No.

A hard job, you have.

Here is mine:

However, the action is not taken into account by the Yahoo server, and I get nothing.

But, I am very sorry, it's a VERY [difficult / easy] (delete wrong one) example for a first test.

Oh, yes: Watching videos.

I watch videos for 2 weeks now, you see rsults: I can't do a VERY [difficult / easy] (delete wrong one) thing with Yahoo Site Explorer query.

Moreover, my BEST video is this one:

http://vimeo.com/6805724

THE TOP!

1 - uBot has changed

2 - Google Adsence has changed

How do you want than a rookie learns how to use uBot in these conditions?

Impossible?!

Rise

Thank you for your sample, but it doesn't work at all:

This example bot does work.

How do you want than a rookie learns how to use uBot in these conditions?

I learn't UBot by watching the videos and have only had UBot Studio for a few weeks. And no, I'm not an expert programmer by profession. :)

Instead of making sarcastic comments, take the time to learn Ubot* by:

(1) reading this forum and other resources; use Google, it ain't hard; and

(2) complimenting others that try to help out and making constructive suggestions.

* If I can do it anyone can. ;)

Hi Lilly T

i saw this post this morning and made the bot he needed was about to upload it and saw his sarcastic comments in other threads and decided not to upload it and he could kiss my ***

you must have patients of a saint Lilly t

Pftg4

Many thanks!

No one of samples work, nor mine, nor yours.

Go there to get real number of links (~25,800):

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=ubotstudio.com&bwm=i&bwmo=d&bwmf=s

With our bots we have wrong numbers of links (~116).

Do you see difference between 25,800 and 116?

Be patient, links increase or decrease, somebody will find solution.

Rise

that's precisely why there is an asterisk in the parenthesis next to Inlinks. (Inlinks (*) )

The asterisk represents a wildcard. In instances like this, Rise, you right click, choose by attribute, put in asterisks for the parts that are constantly changing (in this case, the number of search results) select "wildcards", click on, and then right click again and select "click chosen"

BTW...here's a little suggestion. Go buy Instant.exe (a drag and drop programming tool), spend the next several days trying to find ONE tutorial, or ONE person to answer any questions. Then when that doesn't work, try and use the sample codes to create something. When that doesn't work, ask for your money back and come back here where you stand the ONLY chance of creating software without knowing any programming language whatsoever!

And that chance dwindles with every word you utter!

I agree. I have the working bot made as well, but...well you know the rest.

Which rest? :)

You are a winner John, and you will share to prove it!

Moreover, you will have all my consideration.

Rise

I use Opera for 10 year now.

There is a short cut in this broswer:

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%s&bwm=i&bwmo=d&bwmf=s

The "%s" is a variable. This variable is this URL in our example: ubotstudio.com

OK, I go to take aspirin and I go to bed.

Should be best tomorrow.

Rise

• 2 months later...

Ok... so this is my first post, and I decided to comment here because this was actuially my first bot I just made to do exactly this before running across this thread. But I also cose this thread as my first post because I have been amazed by the many people here who seem to buy this tool thinking that they can just wave a magic wand and expect magical bots to fly out of their butts, and then come here with a bad attitude because their attempt came out like s**t!

I have owned ubot for less than 24 hours now. I watched all the tutorial videos first, then sat down and created this bot in less than 30 minutes. It's all pretty easy if you watch the videos and pay attention. I am a web developer with some OK scripting skills, so maybe that is why it seemed easier for me to understand than it does to the OP, but what I do know is he/she might want to take a deep breath and start over with a more positive outlook because getting too frustrated tends to jade your perception and distort the complexity of the problem.

I WOULD like to see some videos on some more advanced stuff for after you get past that first hurdle. As I watched the videos I kept seeing an opportunity to utilize variables in a more 'real world' example but he never seemed to take that opportunity. I'm sure he was trying to make the whole thing seem more 'accessible' to non-programmer types to understand what a variable even is, but I found myself wanting something much more 'real world' and kind of felt the whole training series came up short. I hope you guys plan to make some vids that go into some real world scenarios. For example: Pulling urls from a file, navigating to the selected url and filling in a form with some data that is contained in a CSV file, and then saving the url to a results file. Something like that. I think account creation bots are probably what 80% of people are trying to do, and a real world example of making a bot with the sort of functionality to do that would probably save you quite a lot of customer service problems of people trying to learn how to use this tool in a real world application.

Personally, I know I'll be doing all of the above within the next few days, but I would have been doing it today had a video like this existed in that tutorial section.

I would also like to add that I just requested some example bots from the support section and Lilly just sent me a very nice collection of example code that should be enough to get me off to a great start!

Thanks, you will be seeing me around for awhile:)

^If you want a sample bot video tutorial, just name a site and I'll try to show you how to do it. Also, best make a separate thread with that wall of text. Not many people will see and appreciate it here :)