UBot Underground

How to fill a form when the name changes each time.

Do we have any expert craigs list form filler outers... It seems they try to prevent automation by changing the name of each input on each load.. At first I thought I could use the size and it worked until I got to the last two or three and the suckers made the size the same as some others..

A sample craig form can be seen at hxxp://www.vahud.com/_bt1login/craiglist/craig_fill_form_step2.htm for anyone wanting to play with it... Just remember this is a copy so the name of the fields will remain constant.. but trust me on each live reload they change... so the name cannot be used..

I could use vb script, and shell out to run it but there must be a way here... vbs allows me to tell it to deal with input #1,2,3,4 and etc.. so I could process based on knowing which sequential number the input is ...doe UBOT know anything about sequential <input or no...

they look like this size wise..

price = 3

beds = 1

title = 30

description = 10 rows

*********************** start to dupe the size

street = 20

xstreet = 20

city = 20

state = 3

IF Ubot could undestand number of inputs I could work it..

If anyone has any ideas please let me know..

<INPUT class=s id=U2FsdGVk.X18x:MzUxODEzNWo3zxYvkxh2-J3ctsCiWlC:HNuTLwX8D_g tabIndex=1 maxLength=7 size=4 name=U2FsdGVk.X18x:MzUxODEzNWo3zxYvkxh2-J3ctsCiWlC:HNuTLwX8D_g>

Here is something I tried but did not seem to work... search for...

"tabIndex=1 maxLength=7 size=4" and then insert the variable at this point... since that is where it would be located in the box just before the name which will change each time.. has anyone ever done this successfully.

Do we have any expert craigs list form filler outers... It seems they try to prevent automation by changing the name of each input on each load.. At first I thought I could use the size and it worked until I got to the last two or three and the suckers made the size the same as some others..

A sample craig form can be seen at hxxp://www.vahud.com/_bt1login/craiglist/craig_fill_form_step2.htm for anyone wanting to play with it... Just remember this is a copy so the name of the fields will remain constant.. but trust me on each live reload they change... so the name cannot be used..

I could use vb script, and shell out to run it but there must be a way here... vbs allows me to tell it to deal with input #1,2,3,4 and etc.. so I could process based on knowing which sequential number the input is ...doe UBOT know anything about sequential <input or no...

they look like this size wise..

price = 3

beds = 1

title = 30

description = 10 rows

*********************** start to dupe the size

street = 20

xstreet = 20

city = 20

state = 3

IF Ubot could undestand number of inputs I could work it..

If anyone has any ideas please let me know..

<INPUT class=s id=U2FsdGVk.X18x:MzUxODEzNWo3zxYvkxh2-J3ctsCiWlC:HNuTLwX8D_g tabIndex=1 maxLength=7 size=4 name=U2FsdGVk.X18x:MzUxODEzNWo3zxYvkxh2-J3ctsCiWlC:HNuTLwX8D_g>

Here is something I tried but did not seem to work... search for...

"tabIndex=1 maxLength=7 size=4" and then insert the variable at this point... since that is where it would be located in the box just before the name which will change each time.. has anyone ever done this successfully.

Give this a try and let me know if it works. I refreshed the page a few times and it worked for me.CraigFill.ubot

You could also try choosing them by position :)

I tried that too but depending on where you are posting your listing, the position of the fields may change. For example, the Price and Description fields may be reversed.

Dave

You could also try choosing them by position :)

Thanks ALCR, however I have tried position several times and it seems Craig has figured a way to block that as it does nothing when I select By Position.... total just sits there... so that is not a go.

Thanks The_Brit, I like your suggestions, as this is day 2 for me and I have not gotten into the use of wildcards yet. It does look like that might work, but I belive we may be using a slightly different form to fill in.. I think craig gives up a different form depending on what you are doing.. I am doing commercial real estate.. Broker so our forms may be different and would explain why its not working...

However this thread will allow me to get help while setting up a thread the will provide help into the future long after you and I are gone... Below is some things I noted and would appreciate comments to help me better understand the wildcard.

I ran a refresh seveal times and noted the results below to allow us to pick out the changes over refreses...

I have offerd some suggestions and would like a response as to whether they would work. Also I shortened the long random words, but since they will be wild that should not matter...

Brit, your failed, but I believe it is due to our different forms... if you want to see the actual form i used, see the url above... just remember its a copy so the long random numbers will stay the same... but we will be calling them wild anyway.. just do not use them as the real numbers if testing...

But if you get it to fill without using the long number at all then it should work..

Thanks for any advice from anyone.

Price:

<INPUT id=* class=req*> (your example)

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=* (will this work?)

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=U2FsdGVkX18yODk>

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=U2FsdGVkX18xNTEwM>

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=U2FsdGVkX18>

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=U2F:s.dGV.kX1.>

<INPUT class=s tabIndex=1 maxLength=11 size=3 name=U2FsdGVkX185>

Beds:

<INPUT id=* class=s* size=4*> (your example)

<SELECT id=* tabindex=1 name=* <OPTION value=0 (will this work)

<SELECT id=U2FsdGVkX18xNzAzMTE3MP:Q1 tabindex=1 name=U2FsdGVkX18> <OPTION value=0 selected>0<OPTION value=1>1<OPTION value=2>2<OPTION value=3>3<OPTION value=4>4<OPTION value=5>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION value=7>7<OPTION value=8>8</OPTION></SELECT>

<SELECT id=U2FsdGVkX18zMj tabIndex=1 name=U2FsdGVkX18z> <OPTION value=0 selected>0<OPTION value=1>1<OPTION value=2>2<OPTION value=3>3<OPTION value=4>4<OPTION value=5>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION value=7>7<OPTION value=8>8</OPTION></SELECT>

<SELECT id=U2FsdG:VkX185NDM5ND tabIndex=1 name=U2FsdG:VkX18> <OPTION value=0 selected>0<OPTION value=1>1<OPTION value=2>2<OPTION value=3>3<OPTION value=4>4<OPTION value=5>5<OPTION value=6>6<OPTION value=7>7<OPTION value=8>8</OPTION></SELECT>

Posting Title:

<INPUT id=* class=s* maxlength=40*> (your example)

<INPUT class=req id=* tabIndex=1 maxLength=70 size=30 name=* (will this work)

<INPUT class=req id=U2FsdGVkX18xNTEwMTE1 tabIndex=1 maxLength=70 size=30 name=U2FsdGVkX18xNTEwM>

<INPUT class=req id=U2FsdGVkX18xNzAzMTE3M0 tabIndex=1 maxLength=70 size=30 name=U2FsdGVkX18xNzAzMTE3M>

<INPUT class=req id=U2FsdGVkX185ND tabIndex=1 maxLength=70 size=30 name=U2FsdGVkX185>