UBot Underground

How to get ubot to click the chosen attribute.

Here is what the box looks like...

**********Begin Box 1 **********************

choose by attribute

attribute

id

searh string

ctl00_Header1_ctlLoginStatus

Method

exact match

********** End Box 1 ***********

********** Begin box 2 *********

click chosen

********** End box 2 ***********

The fault statement is:

No element has been chosen, this command requries that elements are properly chosen first, using some sort of choose command.

I did use a choose command.. that is how i got the box 2 click chosen.... is there something I need to do to get the chosen click into the bottom of the first box?

I viewed the source of the html and the id=ctl00_Header1_ctlLoginStatus is correct...

It could not getthelementbyName() since there was no name listed, only the ID.

How do I attach the chosen click to the chosen attribute above...

Without an URL, this is hard to troubleshoot, since you haven't shown us the complete code, and your description of what is going on is sort of disjointed.

If you don't want to show the URL publicly, PM it to me and I will take a look tomorrow.

Thanks WAL.. will take you up on that offer... as this involves an MLS and have to be careful how much I disclose.

I might strip it down to show just the button if anyone else wants to give it a try... check for your PM now..

Ok... he did it.... WAL.. he's my hero... super speed.. leaps tall buildings with a single bound...

Problem was I along with many of us just don't allow a lot of stuff to fully load before moving on... use the delay when something just does not work... worth a try...

Hope fully my next project will not be top secret and i can expose it here.. for all to learn, see and even help.

But this one was in my MLS for real estatae and kinda top secret.. if someone figured out how to break in I would get fried... anyway if I had let you folks see it.. I would have had to kill you.. by the way I just sent my hitman over to see.. WAL....

What happened here, and it happens often, is that on each page load, if you are trying to trigger JS or select elements, UBot may outpace the loading of the page, which results in commands getting skipped.

I *always* add a 30 second wait finish, followed by a 2 second delay. If the script runs well with them, then I may experiment with taking them out, if speeding up the script is necessary (say, I loop 100 or 200 times). In those cases, an extra 3 or 4 seconds per loop can add up. But for short routines, adding another 4 or 6 seconds to a script, or 3 or 4 seconds for each page load, isn't a big deal.

I mean, if you sit there and watch your bots run, then you are defeating the entire purpose of automating. The idea is for the bot to work while you fix a sandwich and trim your nose hair.