UBot Underground

Protecting software created with Ubot

Hi all.

I have been creating a bot that I plan to sell but as there is no specific feature that I know of in Ubot to protect the bots we create with some sort of licensing, I have been looking for options to protect against people who have not purchased the bot from using it.

While searching I came across this site and think that it might be the answer but would appreciate the opinion of knowledgable Ubot user's as to whether we will be able to integrate this with Ubot.

http://www.softworkz.com/home/

Regards

Darryl.

Yepp, been suggested before. And we are going to focus more on it in the future - we want this to be really stable and work 100%, thats why it will take time - or else your customers and our customers will get a big PR problem ;p

Be careful when buying a protector/licensing solution for ubot. A compiled ubot is already protected with a .NET protector called Xenocode. If you want to apply a protector OVER Xenocode with a licensing system in it... well, lets just say you're going to run into problems. Be sure to test out a product on a Ubot compiled exe BEFORE you buy it, otherwise you might get screwed over. Furthermore, I would wait until 3.3 comes out, since it will have a new compilation system that might not be compatible with whatever protector/licensing program you plan on buying.

If there is enough interest in a licensing system I could probably put one together real fast for cheap.

If there is enough interest in a licensing system I could probably put one together real fast for cheap.

I would certainly be interested. How would it work?

You can easily use amember + ubot, and also force the bot to retrieve certain trival parts from your server, and each retrieval require login (user and pass is saved at this point), if login error -> invalid license/no internet.

Well, you get the idea, it is kinda easy to do.

Or you prefer activation code method.

Write some garbage loop, make sure whatever he enter gone thru a loop of +/-/* or whatever and end up this value, or else invalid and cross check the activation code with the paypal-email.

It's really easy, but it does takes some time for thought process and debugging process.

You can easily use amember + ubot, and also force the bot to retrieve certain trival parts from your server, and each retrieval require login (user and pass is saved at this point), if login error -> invalid license/no internet.

Well, you get the idea, it is kinda easy to do.

Or you prefer activation code method.

Write some garbage loop, make sure whatever he enter gone thru a loop of +/-/* or whatever and end up this value, or else invalid and cross check the activation code with the paypal-email.

It's really easy, but it does takes some time for thought process and debugging process.

If they'll share the bot - they'll share an email address too paypal or otherwise.

too bad personal verisgn etc ... certificates of encryption never really took off.