UBot Underground

Virus Warnings When Bot Its Compiled

Hi,

I still have issues with virus warnings

e.g.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cd80a2e8020b482e2945fe1e4688c88f979a52998080046c66495865632a9257/detection

Many of my customers avoid installing it and I know there are "false positives", nevertheless any chance to get rid of the virus alerts for my several bots?

if your basing your customers not installing based on them activating a license after purchase its known that 80% or more of customers in most situations dont even use what they purchase (in the marketing space)

They buy new shinny things with great intentions and bad follow through.

Educate your users 

False positives happen because of 

Unsigned compiled exe's

Encryption on software made 

Licensing systems

and to be honest if its new and a Anti Virus hasn't seen it before, or defender hasn't seen it, they will flag it our of being paranoid

You can take the time to submit it for review to get the false positive removed from Antivirus sites so that they don't flag it, but you would have to do this on every new compiled version

wait an unset amount of time for them to update their databases before distribution.

Or like many others before you educate the users of a false positive and how to white-list the program if they have issues.

A nicely setup FAQ and install instructions takes care of this almost 90% of the time or more.

Check through my knowledge base

http://www.botguru.net/support/knowledgebase.php

search

First time install

requirements

anti virus

whitelist