UBot Underground

Server Recommendations For Running Many Bots/threads?

Hey all you UBotters who take-it-to-the-limit.

Do you have a good recommendation for a server, cloud, super-computer, etc, if someone would like to run an expansive set of bots ? 

Thats hard to answer because there is a lot of information left out such as memory of the bot, are you scraping a 10 million item list or having 40 users connect at once? I would suggest a smaller server to start, you can always expand if needed. For SEO, I use a server from Powerup, Hosting due to unlimited bandwidth its cool to run scrapers/etc and that vps is only 1GB ram, but will easily handle 20 to 40 threads at once on 4 different tools.

With that said, my old server is being shipped back from Turnkey Internet to be upgraded a bit, that will have 64GB ram, 2 TB hard drives and dual quad core processors -- and thats not really a big server. If you need specs like that, usually its better to buy a server and colocate it somewhere. As a cost estimate, it runs me about 70 a month to colo my server and it would be a couple hundred to lease it. 

Good luck

• Like 1

VPS Rectangle from these guys is a pretty good deal: https://www.shape.host/windows-vps/

I found that to be the best VPS I've used in the last year or so both in terms of a good deal and them not cutting corners (VPS never went down, no BS installation that needed to be reinstalled every week and other weird happenings that go on with sub par sellers).

Other than that if you need a full dedi then go on web hosting talk and take a look, the last time I had a full dedi I found these guys: http://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/

Again look for them on web hosting talk you may find a good deal that way. That dedi was pretty good for a decent price, I remember I was able to run GSA and other tools maxed out. Dealing with complaints was also pretty easy, you could add sites to a blacklist and they would be okay with that as long as your complaints were low and you weren't getting complaints from the same place over and over.

• 4 months later...