UBot Underground

Desktop Notifications For Ubot

Hey,

Ive just made a notifier by making a server that ubot can send notifications to,and the notifications are then displayed on the desktop(HTML5 Desktop Notifications API)

The messages get sent to Firefox and Firefox creates a desktop notification

You can add a picture,title,body and a href.

I still dont really understand the $special folder so I am not sure where exactly to leave them,just place everything in one folder and point the two shell commands to that folder

To test it save all the files in the same folder,point the two shell commands to their file in that directory ,and run the .ubot from the suite.

For this to work you need firefox and the webpage that pops opens needs to be kept open,not focused on of course just open somewhere.

2 commands :start messenger(starts the server,and the firefox webpage)

& sendMessage

If anyone wants to add to this,I dont know how to get it to work on Chrome,and also putting multiple notifications in a loop,wont seem to allow it,

so only one message at a time,but so long as you wait 0.8 seconds can send another one

*I also dont know how to write batch scripts,this server of course needs to stay open so the shell command just pauses,so I needed to waste a thread to open it,if someone can fix that if you have any use for this

I also need to make a good looking HTML page that can store the last messages etc.

I think its cool anyway,as Ive email,forum,and facebook bots etc so this is a nice way to be kept up to date

Hope you like it,my JS is pretty beginner level so a lot can be done with this to make it better,especially adding chrome,as chrome you can time how long the message is onscreen

dropbox link to folder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gaf9yy1v0bs6nfb/AABGcF0An8OTYJIzVxlCc4Zla?dl=0

thanks

• Like 1