UBot Underground

When Do A Bot Become To Big For Ubot Studio?

Just wondering :-)

I'm developing a bot now with 1500 lines of code at the moment. The response in ubot studio is slower now - not a big concern as it's split into many defines, so I can just move some of them out while developing, but can compiling become an issue?

Cheers...

If the studio is slowing down due to the size of your bot you should be making use of the include command. Seth has added this command back to UBot since v.5.5 and up. As far as compiling goes, I've never had an issue with it and I have some pretty big bots.

Can you not encrypt them with some of the free text plugins and then decrypt in the exe?

It won't stop a half assed cracker, but it will stop a lot of casual chancers.

Based on some information from Seth, the include command slows down a compiled bot just a little bit. So at the current state of the include command, it's not worth using it for commercial projects, it would be better to only use it during development (if you must), and then move the defines back to the bot just before compilation. That way you don't have to worry about encryption at all (use Ubot Locker).

Speaking of Ubot Locker - seems that's everyones favourite, so I'm gonna be picking that one up so I'm ready to distribute my bot when I'm finished.

But what do you guys do when bots become large - get a faster computer? :D or do you just remove some of the finished parts of the program while developing? It doesn't bug me now with 1500 lines of code, but I could imagine it would do if I hit 3000... 

Speaking of Ubot Locker - seems that's everyones favourite, so I'm gonna be picking that one up so I'm ready to distribute my bot when I'm finished.

But what do you guys do when bots become large - get a faster computer? :D or do you just remove some of the finished parts of the program while developing? It doesn't bug me now with 1500 lines of code, but I could imagine it would do if I hit 3000... 

Lots of RAM could always help, but as mentioned by the other guys, the include command could help (instead of completely removing parts) during development. I also like to spread my code across multiple tabs in bigger bots, works for me. You can then hide the tabs at compilation (I usually put just one define to each tab, or a set of closely related defines).

+1 for ubot locker, excellent product, you must have it ;)

My new bot has 6154 lines and ubot is reaaaaally slow. So I have separated my defines on differents Tabs and this is better, really better than before.

But I still have a big problem, I m gonna open a new thread.