UBot Underground

Create Table From File NOT Pullung CSV data

Anyone have a problem pulling an existing csv file and having it NOT pull all the rows?

Simple story is I have a Create Table From File & its NOT Pullung CSV data, not all of it anyway.

Now the data is NOT a traditional one line data, it was collected by doing a set/scrape data collector and then turning it into list from there then saving into a table. (this part collects the data fine and saves it fine)

Here is the issue:

From there I try loading the table and it ONLY pulls a fraction of the data.

I have enclosed an example of the data and the DATA I'm focused on is ROW 0    10.csv.

Is it the way it was saved, BUT it works a perecentage of the time .... all I know is this is issue killing me

Anyone who has dealt with this before or knows the remedy or knows where to find it in this forum (i thought i looked EVERYWHERE), I appreciate it

Scott

I took a look at it and I think you need to change the way you are saving this data and weed out all the commas and quote marks before you save it. There are way too many quotes and commas in the text to try and find where there is likely an extra 1 somewhere that is throwing the CSV format out of whack.

make sure its saved in comma delimited format, or other delimiter as mentioned in bot properties when your making the bot from the top.

then right click you file, and select open in notepad,

file

save as

all files

chose .csv, and format as utf-8

the other type is for regular txt files

utf-8 allows for all sorts of accented characters as well.

The presence of commas in the scraped text (which most probably is your delimiter for the table columns) is what it makes things not to work.
Any comma that appears, breaks a line of text into yet another column - as a result you basically want to load the file into a table, but each row has different number of columns. NOT going to work that way.

If you must store the scraped text WITH commas included, I suggest you replace the delimiter with some other crazy character OR, even better, with a SET of characters that are not expected to be scraped, ever!