UBot Underground

How do I get mysql insert results?

Im finding that if I have a data mismatch, or something, strange that causes my insert statement to fail, I get no indication of the failure to execute the command.

Can someone help me understand ways to recognize if my sql command works or not.

Obviously I can tell if a select works by whether I get data or not...

I tried using a "set" node for a new variable, and putting my sql command in the new value field, but the node wont accept the sql command.

I was thinking I could get a -1 for a failed insert, or something of the like.

Whether or not I have a data issue, I would like to get a confirmation that an insert worked in the future.

Thanks.

-Chris

Here ya go:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12030-tutorial-example-codes-how-to-use-mysql-with-ubot-studio/?hl=%2Bdatabase+%2Bcommand

Just follow the steps.

You already have  the answer to your question "Obviously I can tell if a select works by whether I get data or not..."

Thanks AutomationNija:

Yes, Im not looking to confirm the select statement, its the insert.   I guess I can run a select statement right after the insert to see if what I had hoped was in there, would be in there, but I was running into the scenario where the data Im inserting into a mysql table isnt unique to that table.... if it is a duplicate record, possibly a few times over, how do I know which one I inserted, in order to confirm it went in there?

I guess, one option is to tag a date and time to the insert, then query to see if that record with the date and time made it in or not.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Noob