UBot Underground

Browser locking out

HI,

I've been working on a Yellow Pages scraper the last few days. It pretty much works but the browser seems to lock out every now and then. So the click event on the Element to Click for the next page won't work for some reason. Stopping the script and trying to manually click on the web page doesn't work either, if I switch to another web site manually in the internal browser everything is fine again. It's almost as though Yell can tell they are being scraped and are somehow stopping me. Is this possible or is is potentially an issue with my code.

I'm using Hide My Ass Pro and switching the proxy every page - which I guess might look suspicious to have random page requests keep coming in from different places.

Any suggestions?

Happy to share the code if anyone has the time to take a look.

Best regards Steve

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go.

Best regards Steve

edit: I added in these lines. I also added in a clear cookies command at the end of each cycle, an extra wait for 2 seconds before each page scrape and switched it so the proxy change only happens at the end of each location scrape. Seems to work a lot better now, unfortunately it takes a little longer and I still need to bomb proof the HMA proxy switch but other than that I appear to have a sweet little Yell scraper now.

Edited by smb1970
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

That's a big ask. There are people out there marketing Yellow Pages scrapers and while mine is not robust enough to release commercially in it's current state, it is a solid and reliable bot that I've already used to obtain thousands of pages from Yell. There's really nothing to stop you taking what I've done, giving it a quick polish and releasing it yourself tomorrow.

I'm happy to help out with advice if you have specific issues with your own development though. Feel free to PM me.

Best regards Steve