UBot Underground

Hi,

I was a Zenno user and still before I come here. I like the idea of creating unlimited EXE bots and being able to give/sell/donate them or just run them on a server without the need of running some mandatory scheduler.

However, I don't like it when the ubot bot has to download support files before it can run. I'm OK with uBot calling home on:
- Running the software to check license
- Calling home when compiling a bot
- Sending the entire script for uBot Studio server to complie (hope you got redundancy!)

There are a number of reasons for doing this, such as the system not connect to the internet (for bot doing offline work - ie Windows/SQL Automation), customer with Firewall purposely blocking unknown sites, some files extensions (DLLs) for fear of malware. It will also reduces chances of issues/dependency when running bots.

Anyway to include the support files in the bot? any know workaround on how to install them without the need to download? plans to make this better?

I just purchased a Dev license and while within 30 days, this could be a make or break for me.

Thanks,

Lizzard

good idea it would be a handy feature I have several offline bots and its a pain when I put it on a machine which doesn't have internet connection. I think last time I had to plug my phone into a server to get internet connection so it could get the support files

The support files are necessary to the running of the compiled bots. We are certainly exploring alternatives, but for now, see below for a work around:

You can include the support files by using your windows explorer to visit this location on your computer:   %appdata%/ubot studio/browser/4.2.15 for example (the latest version might be best)

You can make a copy of that folder and make sure the folder is placed in the exact location on the client's computer: %appdata%/ubot studio/browser/4.2.15

Let us know at support.ubotstudio.com if you experience any difficulties along the way  :)

• Like 1
The support files are necessary to the running of the compiled bots. We are certainly exploring alternatives, but for now, see below for a work around:

You can include the support files by using your windows explorer to visit this location on your computer:   %appdata%/ubot studio/browser/4.2.15 for example (the latest version might be best)

You can make a copy of that folder and make sure the folder is placed in the exact location on the client's computer: %appdata%/ubot studio/browser/4.2.15

Let us know at support.ubotstudio.com if you experience any difficulties along the way  :)

thanks lilly its really good to see one of the ubot team around the forum