UBot Underground

This thread is dedicated to ideas, suggestions and usage tips/tricks for collaborative work related to software coding and team management (as well as time management) for more than one single coder.

So, assuming you guys would want to collaborate with somebody else in a UBot coding project, what is your preferred tool (and especially WHY? = pro/cons arguments)

Hope to get some good suggestions here, as I am planning on starting such a project and as long as I have been a 'lone wolf' until now, I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

I've already got a suggestion for an open source software: 

http://trac.edgewall.org/

...but I have no experience to share with it yet.

If any of you have used it and care to chime in, or eventually if you did but switched to something else (and care to tell us why) it would be great...

I am looking for advice on TOOLS to use in a collaborative project. 

I don't mind getting JV proposals, either, but that is not the scope of this thread.

You can use Stickies and then email them to each other (great for using for yourself too!) 

I used Basecamp when I was big into SEO - I didn't love it but maybe you guys will find it more useful (its not bad but some outsourcers didn't understand how to work with it).

And of course create a Dropbox folder with the projects in them.

For mind mapping you can use Mind Meister or Free Mind - although be careful because Free Mind like 99% of the other desktop mind mapping softwares requires you to install Java.

Great suggestions.   Any alternative to BaseCamp, maybe something free, too?

Any similar tool to BaseCamp, but with software development as the main focus?

Thanks, Blumi!

Group-Office

Which version?  I am looking for something free if possible.  This seems to have a crippled free server version, indeed, but I'm not sure if it is powerful enough.

What version are you using now?