UBot Underground

hey I was wondering if an upload file hasn't been chosen then can I have an alert reminding the user that they need to upload their file?

What I have so far is that the "upload file" #variable is added to a %list. So if they don't upload the file then it shows in the debugger as 0 items, but when I did a "and if" "comparison" %list = 0 items then "alert", but that didn't work. Tried some other things too, yet no dice.

Waddya figure?

I find it sloppy to use alerts, instead, I use define subroutines to test if a client has entered required information. In the sub, I remind them that they have not entered some of the data required and give them instructions on how to enter it as in the following example:

Create a define called Check Upload.

If

#upload_variable=$nothing

Then

Load html

(In the html file, it says something like - You Have Not Yet Uploaded The File! Place your mouse in the box labeled "Upload" and paste in the file you want to upload.)

Wait 1 second

Check Upload

End of define

• Like 1

What I have so far is that the "upload file" #variable is added to a %list. So if they don't upload the file then it shows in the debugger as 0 items, but when I did a "and if" "comparison" %list = 0 items then "alert", but that didn't work.

Always initialize your variables/lists/tables somehow if you're gonna have instaces with null fills and at the same time you wanna check conditions on them, or else you will get errors.

In your case, initialize your list with a dummy info that you know for sure won't happen in practise and check the IF against that, not against null or zero... Hope it makes sense...

• Like 1