UBot Underground

UBotStudio Memory Bloat and Net Connections

Running UBotStudio 4, why when the program starts and no template loaded, does it load two browser instances immediately? Then, when I open up a template, another two browser instances are created? I can understand one being up by why the other 3?

Also, I ran a network monitor to see where the connections were going to and what activity there was on the wire. I noticed that there are at least 4 ports open from UBotStudio to splexy.com (74.86.67.14:80). Another port was open from 1e100.net which is Big-G (173.194.77.95:80), 174.35.3.48:80 (unknown), and 67.215.253.129:80 (Statcounter.com)

post-5098-0-32673500-1338205542_thumb.jpg

Most likely running license verification, analytics, update check, and the like... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Running UBotStudio 4, why when the program starts and no template loaded, does it load two browser instances immediately? Then, when I open up a template, another two browser instances are created? I can understand one being up by why the other 3?

Also, I ran a network monitor to see where the connections were going to and what activity there was on the wire. I noticed that there are at least 4 ports open from UBotStudio to splexy.com (74.86.67.14:80). Another port was open from 1e100.net which is Big-G (173.194.77.95:80), 174.35.3.48:80 (unknown), and 67.215.253.129:80 (Statcounter.com)

When UBot Studio is started up, we load two processes with the same name (UBotBrowser.exe). One of those processes is the chrome browser, and the other is a proxy process that helps us communicate between UBot Studio and Chrome. So for every browser you will see 2 processes (more if there are plugins such as flash, since chrome creates a new process for each plugin). When you are loading a bot, you may be loading one with a UI area, which is rendered by the browser, this would create one new browser, and 2 new processes, totaling to 4.

As far as the network connections, 74.86.67.14 is one of the IP addresses of ubotstudio.com. You can see this if you try to ping ubotstudio.com. The other connections are likely coming from Chrome and whichever page you are using as your startup page.

Hope that helps.