UBot Underground

Get rid of duplicate scraped variables in list

Hi Folks

I have come up against an odd scraping issue.

I am scraping the following html

This question has been viewed <strong>988</strong> times; it has <strong>1</strong> monitor with <strong>11277</strong> topic followers and <strong>0 </strong><a href="/Does-a-vanity-URL-shortener-improve-SEO/alias">aliases</a> exist.

here is the code

if($exists(<innertext="Question Stats">)) {

then {

comment("Question viewed - times")

set(#QuestionViewed, $page scrape("This question has been viewed ", " times; it has "), "Global")

set(#QuestionViewed, $replace(#QuestionViewed, "<strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionViewed, $replace(#QuestionViewed, "</strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionViewed, $trim(#QuestionViewed), "Global")

add list to list(%ListViewed, $list from text(#QuestionViewed, ""), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")

comment("monitor amount")

set(#QuestionMonitor, $page scrape(" times; it has ", " monitor with "), "Global")

set(#QuestionMonitor, $replace(#QuestionMonitor, "<strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionMonitor, $replace(#QuestionMonitor, "</strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionMonitor, $trim(#QuestionMonitor), "Global")

add list to list(%monitor, $list from text(#QuestionMonitor, ""), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")

comment("Topic followers")

set(#QuestionFollower, $page scrape(" monitor with ", " topic followers and"), "Global")

set(#QuestionFollower, $replace(#QuestionFollower, "<strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionFollower, $replace(#QuestionFollower, "</strong>", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionFollower, $trim(#QuestionFollower), "Global")

add list to list(%topicFollowers, $list from text(#QuestionFollower, ""), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")

comment("Following this question")

set(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, $scrape attribute(<class="following_count">, "innertext"), "Global")

set(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, $replace(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, " people are following this question.", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, $replace(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, " person is following this question.", ""), "Global")

set(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, $trim(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion), "Global")

add list to list(%QuestionFollowers, $list from text(#QuestionStatFollowingQuestion, ""), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")

}

When watching in the debugger the original number scraped is wrapped in <strong> </strong> tags

I strip away the tags and trim the number but I end up with the number repeated in the variable

example of variable output:

Should be single number, not repeated

see attached image of debugger

I am building up a data set and we need to allow duplicates in the column but not in the cell.

How do i validate this to ensure only one number is in the variable before I add it to the list?

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions