UBot Underground

Amazon Search Going To Listmania

In Ubot 4:

Can someone work out what's happening on amazon Search?

I have a script that takes a keyword from a list, puts it into the search bar, clicks the "go" button and then goes to the next keyword in the list. However, on the second loop, instead of the "go" button getting clicked it seems to search in Listmania instead.

For example:

glass flowers is put into the Amazon search bar

"go" button is clicked

glass flower results are returned

PC speakers is pur into the Amazon search bar

but it doesn't appear to click "go" but rather ends up in Listmania

See screenshot:

post-3128-0-04339000-1318527993_thumb.png

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Gillian

Place a command in the loop that chooses Amazon from that dropdown and not Listmania as it seems to be switching to it.

John

I did that but it doesn't make a difference. I added a change dropdown command between the type text and click, in the loop. I put pause script under it so I can see that "All Departments" is indeed showing in the dropdown. But when I move the script on and it clicks it still ends up on the listmania page.

Is there another way to define the go click other than by image (which is what Ubot chooses as the element)? Maybe that would work.

Thanks

Gillian

ui text box("Keyword", #keyword)
navigate("http://www.amazon.com/", "Wait")
type text(<name="field-keywords">, #keyword, "Standard")
click(<alt="Go">, "Left Click", "No")

Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work either. In the end I solved the Listmania problem by making the click element <class=nav-submit-input>.

Then I had a problem where the browser wasn't being cleared and I ended up with multiple keywords in the search box so I solved that by navigating to amazon.com (thus emptying the search box) every time the loop searched for a new keyword. I'm sure there must be a better way of doing that but I couldn't find it!

Now the issue is that it's picking up a blank at the end of each list, i.e. it searches with an empty search box. I am using $list total and $next list item but it seems to be searching for one extra item that isn't there.

How do I stop this from happening?

thanks

Gillian

if list item = nothing

do nothing

else

search keyword

also stead of navigating

change value to the search bar stead of typing text

:huh: Still struggling with this. It made sense until I tried to put it into action!

Looking at the first bit. When I add if $list item I need to put in a position. What is the postion? I want something equivalent to "current list item".

And how do I add = nothing?

And what does the search keyword equate to? I don't have search keyword except by using "type text" to type it into the Amazon search bar and clicking the "go" button.

Will try and tackle the navigating bit once I've got this sorted. Which, as you can see, could be a while. ;)

can you share what you have going right now code wise and I can add in there what you need.

I'm having lots of freezing problems with Ubot4 and so had to redo the bot when it got corrupted. I think this is what I had when I asked for help regarding the empty list item and navigation problems to which you responded above:

Thanks so much for your help.

Gillian

This is really starting to drive me nuts now. I tried to add 2 .pngs but it only showed one. They I tried to edit the post and now it appears that neither .png is showing. I'll try the reply again . . .

can you share what you have going right now code wise and I can add in there what you need.

I'm having lots of freezing problems with Ubot4 and so had to redo the bot when it got corrupted. I think this is what I had when I asked for help regarding the empty list item and navigation problems to which you responded above:

post-3128-0-97854600-1318766811_thumb.png

I can't seem to add the second file so I'll put it in a new post . . .

Hi Gillian. One method we like to use (TJ as well) is to not use the $next list item constant, but rather set a variable outside the loop and use $list item instead (where you increment the variable). It just seems to perform better at times. It would look like this:

http://screencast.com/t/kL8juD8W

John

Thanks to you both. Have tried to make the changes you suggested but Ubot keeps freezing and I keep having to restart my computer to get it to work again. Most times I loose the changes I've made. Now even that's working. I've restarted 3 times and it still won't connect so I'm giving up for today.

It's tempting to go back to 3.5 (and I may have to) but I'd rather not as it's confusing enough as it is, without learning both versions!

Will try again tomorrow. :(

if list item = nothing

do nothing

else

search keyword

also stead of navigating

change value to the search bar stead of typing text

Still trying to work this out . . .

I have made the $next list item into the variable #current KW

Then I have a loop

if

Condition to Run Commands:

And I'm trying to put here your: list item = nothing

I have: #current KW "=0"

Is that what you meant?

Then for your "do nothing" I have simply left the then node empty. Is that correct?

Else

type #current KW into the browser

But what's happening is it is ignoring the actual current keyword, which I can see has the correct value when I look in the debugger, and typing nothing into the browser. So, I've done something wrong.

Grrrrrrr!!!!

Was so looking forward to seeing what you'd done but I can't get Ubot to connect to the browser again.

I've restarted the computer 5 times over the last couple of hours but it's not happening.

As soon as I can connect I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Gillian