UBot Underground

Could someone please tell me how to fix this error

I am using Skype to pass a bot back and forth to another ubotter. My bot goes through just fine however, when there comes back to me I get this error message. it is also important to note that this worked without a hitch until I purchased a new system which is 64-bit, my old one was 32-bit. Can someone help me fix this so my bots will continue to work properly.

I get this error message:" the version of this fiele is not compatible with the version of windows your're running. check you computer system information to see whearther you need an X86 (32 bitP or X64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

Guest michelsmith

Hi,

Try this

go to control panel>>>> user accounts >>>>>change user account setting

move it to the (never notify) level

restart then try to install it as administrator

Hope this information helps you.

I think I have located the problem. My old computer was a 32 bit or x86 this system is a 64-bit. I unistalled ubot and then tried to reinstall from my old download link and there it was. Unere the program links it told me that this link was for x86 (or 32-bit)/ubot/ubot. What I need is the 64-Bit.. so if you change computers and have this program check your ubot download link. I'll let you know if this fixes it....Thanks

Hey Fran.. Get with me on skype..

Most times in 64 bit systems 32 bit programs can still be ran as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to the Windows Vista Compatibility Center.

I myself have windows 7 64 bit on all my PCs now. And run Ubot. So im thinking there might be another issue within your system setup, and or install.

also check this link as well

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows Vista or whatever operating system the program was running successfully.

I understand. Howeer, I never had a problem using 32-bit system. It wasn't until I brought the 64-bit system that this problem showed up. Not only that the way the prg files display x86/ubot/ubot leads me to believe that there could possibility be a different link for the x64, which would cause the incompatably issue. only Then there is the error message which tells me to go back to the software developer. I really don;t believe it is in the install or system set up. I have taken great care to have gone over it. I just want it fixed. All suggestions are appreciated.