UBot Underground

[HELP] Craigslist Scraper

Hey guys, i'm new to Ubot and was wondering if I can get some guidance on where to find the information...

The idea is to create a bot that will scrape email addresses that are protected by captcha. The problem i'm having is trying to figure out how to scrape each post for the email address and then going back and choosing the next post to scrape the email address.... I appreciate any help!

Okay so I am able to get Ubot to enter the site, navigate to this page: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/res/

Now here is where i need help... All of the listing here on this page I will need to creat a loop of some sort to open each listing, solve the captcha, and scrape the email and then put it into a .xls file.

any suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?

beautiful! Thanks for the help Lowrider and John! okay in order to see the captcha, you would have to click, "reply to this post" and then it will show the captcha, and then the email once the captcha is filled out.

• 1 year later...

Getting the emails is the easiest part.  Sending the emails is different story.  Craigslist wont let you send more than about 20 emails a day.  All of the emails that are not @cl will go through fine but the @cl is restricted.  I built one that scrapes everything per specific craigslist site and per individual category (or all).  If anyone has a solution to sending the emails that does not require thousands of gmail accounts I would be more than happy to share the final bot.

Set up one gmail account with a long name like, johnlonglastname1234567890@gmail.com

If you place a period between the letters, many websites see it as 2 different emails, but they all go to the same gmail account.

For instance,

johnlonglastname1234567890@gmail.com

j.ohnlonglastname1234567890@gmail.com

jo.hnlonglastname1234567890@gmail.com

I used this techniques extensively in the past, but haven't done it recently.

You can easily create a loop that adds the period in the email or create a list of all 27 combinations and send 20 emails to each email variation. 

That would still require about 30 email addresses but that might actually work.  I will try it and see how that goes.  Thanks for the input. 

Not sure if this will help you but in my Craigslist email reply bots I navigate to this site to send all of my emails. http://anonymouse.org/anonemail.html

I scrape the emails from CL add them to a list then navigate to "anonymouse" fill the fields then click send then $next list item navigate through list.

I hope this helps & if you need a more detailed explanation let me know and let me know how your bot comes along.

Chris

Chris, 

Are there any restrictions on how many emails you can send through anonymouse?  Do I need to run proxies or will the emails go through fine?  If so, I think you have just solved all the worlds problems.  I will share the program as soon as I tweak a few things on it and do a few test runs.