UBot Underground

Downloading XML File

I'm working on my first bot, so please bear with me.

The bot is supposed to export and download orders from an Ecommerce store in XML format. I've gotten to the point where I can input the range of order numbers and open up the XML file in the browser window, but I can't figure out how to download it.

Think of it like an XML sitemap with a dynamically generated URL. I want to be able to download the XML file into a folder on my desktop.

On a separate note, I've seen a lot of references in the forum to Send Keys. It seems like they would have made the process of building this bot much easier, but I wasn't able to find any reference to them in version 4. Are they gone?

Thanks!

imed

Hi imed,

Welcome to Ubot, Yes Ubot V3 and V4 have a few dissimilarities. Although V4 has brought much powerful features to enable users to go beyond the capabilities of V3.

To what I understand, what you seek is downloading the xml file to disk. This can by scraping and storing the link to that file on your webpage, and using the "download file" command pointing to a location on your disk to save it.

You can refer to scraping tutorials at : http://ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx

Although I am not very sure if the "download command in V4 is working properly right now, but this can surely be done in V3.5

Hope it helps.

Praney

I'm still having trouble figuring this out. Since the contents of the XML file that appear on the page is all text, there doesn't seem to be any Element to scrape.

Is there a way to use the wildcard function to simply copy everything that exists on the page?

Do you have a link I can have a look? If you don't want to post public you can PM me.

I wish I could, but it would require me to give you administrative access to the backend of an ecommerce store. It's basically just a page full of text. The url is like this:

https://us-dc1-edit.store.yahoo.com/RT/ORDERMGR.storename/08705159458c/OrderList.xml

The characters "08705159458c" are dynamically generated, so the url is different each time.