UBot Underground

IE "Navigate Away From Page" Prompt

Hi,

Basically when I save the inputted text on a certain site it still stays in the WYSIWYG editor even though the text is saved and live so I'm done on that page. When I go to the next page in the script IE prompts me with something like "are you sure you want to navigate away from the page unsaved data may be lost", I do in fact want to navigate away but obviously clicking OK each time makes the script less than automatic. I have played with the site itself and this is just how it is, there is no way to save and preview or move away the editor once saved without this prompt appearing. Apparently it was designed poorly so even in manual mode this prompt occurs every time.

Is there a setting within IE that it will automatically choose yes and no longer prompt or any other workarounds? Thank you VERY much :)

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/saraford/WindowsLiveWriter/ThereisaAreyousureyouwanttonavigateawaya_D281/image_2.png Is just taken from Google Images but is basically the prompt that I get.

OK,

After a lot of trial/error. Had to use BOTH the close all dialogs and click dialog. Why? No clue, either one didn't do it by itself - with the close it still appears for about 1 second before closing, with the click by itself it seemed to instantly reappear. Running close first and then click did the trick though.

Something strange.

It works for me on all 3 of my machines, XP, Vista and 7 respectively with IE 7 and IE 8 on these machines.

I have given out a few copies of this script and for some people it doesn't work even though their specs are the same and for some people it works fine just like it does for me.

Is there another way to go about dismissing the dialogue box that I can try? Thanks.

Something strange.

It works for me on all 3 of my machines, XP, Vista and 7 respectively with IE 7 and IE 8 on these machines.

I have given out a few copies of this script and for some people it doesn't work even though their specs are the same and for some people it works fine just like it does for me.

Is there another way to go about dismissing the dialogue box that I can try? Thanks.

If you can give us a link to the site I'll let you know how to disable that using javascript.

• Like 1