UBot Underground

I was just curious how the clear cookies command clears the browser cookies when it's still technically open. I was under the impression that a browser needs to be closed, since they're still in memory while it's open.

I found the perfect way to run CCleaner from within a bot, which I will post a tutorial on later unless a more recent one has been made that I didn't find, but I'm still logged in after it runs for the next loop.

So I'm assuming the bot does in fact need to be closed when I run CCleaner then? How do I accomplish this when I'm launching CCleaner from within the bot?

I'd imagine I could make a batch file that forcibly closes the bot, launches CCleaner, and then relaunches the bot, but then that defeats the purpose of running it from within the bot - and I would also have to restart the bot running, which I could use an AHK script for I suppose.

It's all a mess from any perspective I'm seeing it from. Maybe one of you can shed some light on things for me here.

Thanks.

Ccleaner is being used with Ubot for a while, you would find many examples and tutorials on the board here.

What I do and it works for me is you need to navigate away from the page you are trying to clear cookies for and then call CCleaner to clean up the dirty work.

Although I don't use CCleaner anymore either, an easier way to do that is navigate away from the site and call:

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351

from the shell command and it clears up all for you. Works everytime.

Just a tip :)

Praney

I tried that command instead of having CCleaner auto-run, and the same thing happens.

I've made an account creator, among other things. This one in particular is for Yahoo. It makes the account, navigates away to 127.0.0.1, runs the shell command to clear, navigates back to Yahoo, and the last account made is still logged in.

I could technically tell it to log out and just start making an account again, but the fact that it isn't logged out after the cleaning means the cookies are still active.

As I said, I've always heard that the browser which the cookies are being cleared for needs to be closed because they'll still be loaded into memory as long as it's still running.

Is there a way to close and reopen the browser portion without actually quitting the script? If not, am I just missing something?

Does anyone know if session data is drawn upon from memory after signing out?

I ran some tests, and the cookies are actually clearing, as suspected. I did like before - navigated to a random page (127.0.0.1 so as to not produce any cookies or temp files for my testing) and then had CCleaner auto run. When I ran CCleaner manually right then, there was nothing to clean, but, when I went back to Yahoo, I was still signed in. This shows the session is still active in memory even though all cookies and temp files are actually gone from the hard drive.

I'm just wondering if signing out before clearing cookies is enough to clear the session completely and break any link between the previous account and the one about to be made.

Can anyone with direct knowledge of this chime in please?

Well, after doing a little reading on cookies, I would say that whatever tracking cookies a site might be using to track usage still exist unless the browser is closed before cleaning. The only reason they're even saved to the hard drive at all is to preserve them between browser sessions. But what's loaded into memory is what is actually used during a session, so just clearing cookies from the hard drive without first closing the browser is futile.

Beside that, even if you do clear cookies and THEN close the browser, the cookies in memory will just be rewritten.

If you want to make an account creator, the only option for true anonymity between accounts is to close the browser and then clear cookies.

uBot really needs a way to close and open just the browser portion, while maintaining the rest of the bot.

Guess I have to make a clunky setup using AHK and/or a batch.