UBot Underground

Clean up scraped .txt files

How can I remove characters such as "[" or "{" (without quotes) from a .txt file? I am scraping pages for content and want to clean them up a bit. Thanks!

One of the easiest ways may be to use the $replace regular expression feature. If not, then just use the $replace command. Set the contents of the text file to a variable. Then set the same variable again using the $replace command as the content. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll provide an example.

John

Ok, here you go. The first part creates the list, saves it to a file and then navigates to that file to show you what is there. It then pauses. Everything after the pause is cleaning the list, and it will show you the new list after it's cleaned.

cleaning list.ubot

• 9 months later...

Ok, here you go. The first part creates the list, saves it to a file and then navigates to that file to show you what is there. It then pauses. Everything after the pause is cleaning the list, and it will show you the new list after it's cleaned.

John, can you put up a ver. 4.* of the example you have here?